✱ chapter three

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

"Nayoung." I say, looking over at my best friend who was happily munching on her lunch. "If I kidnap Jungkook and threw him off the bridge and into the ocean, do you think anyone would notice that he was gone?"

Nayoung shrugged, picking at her apple. "Mm, probably his family, Taehyung, and his weird ass fan club. But other than that, no I don't think anyone would notice."

I sighed, "His weird ass fan club is basically the entire school. I've never met anyone besides us who hate him."

"Exactly my point,"

"Fuck you, Nayoung." I mutter, throwing an apple seed at her head.

It's only been a week since school's started up again, and Jungkook has not stopped. Earlier today in P.E, he challenged me to see who could get five basketballs in the basketball hoop first. Whoever won would have to "be the winner's slave for a day." Not my words, Jungkook's.

"You're on, Jeon Jungkook." I had said, the fire immediately lighting up inside me.

No way was I going to lose to him today! Imagine if I had THE Jungkook as my slave for an entire day. Man, the things I could do to get back at him after all these years.

Wait, that statement was a bit misleading. You know what I mean.

We had come together in the basketball court. The class had gathered on the bleachers to watch us. This was a normal routine for them throughout high school. One of us would challenge the other, ultimately interrupting P.E. and having everyone watch us.

I gripped onto the basketball firmly, glancing at Jungkook who had already been smirking at me. "Ready to lose again, Miss Second Place?"

"Don't call me that!" I exclaim angrily, holding back the urge to throw the basketball at his head.

We both turned our heads towards the hoops, waiting for Rujin, a classmate, to blow the whistle.

Once the whistle blowed, we were off.

I got three in back to back. My confidence was boosting severely as I felt something creep up in me that hasn't been there in a while.

Victory.

But because of my overflowing confidence, I had lost my train of thoughts, and Jungkook had caught up and tied up with me. We were both now four to four.

This is it Miyoung, beat him, kiss victory hello, and kick Jungkook's ass!

We both threw the basketball at the same time, everything now turning to slow motion. We watched as both of the balls entered the hoops, spinning around the edge ever so slowly.

I watched in anticipation. God, if you love me please let me win.

Jungkook's ball fell through the hoop first, mine following two seconds after.

My mouth dropped, the feeling of victory immediately was crushed down by the feeling of defeat. My heart felt heavy.

Is this what heartbreak feels like?

Jungkook walked over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Well, I'll be damned. I'll text you and let you know when I want you."

I clenched my jaw and removed his hand away from my shoulder. "Awesome. Can't wait."

I groaned, covering my face in my hands as I recalled what had happened in P.E. earlier today. Why? Why can't I beat him just once?

"Here's an idea," Nayoung chirped, immediately grabbing my attention, "Just block his number and then you'll never have to be his slave. Then, he'll forget about it."

I sulked at her plan, "Yeah right, do you know him? He'd chase me down to the ends of the earth until I get the job done. Plus, you know how I feel about backing out on a deal."

"Yeah, yeah." She muttered, waving her hand dismissively and going back to her food.

As much as I hated losing to Jungkook, the only thing I hated more was breaking a deal or promise. Once I say I'd do something, I commit to it.

It's a blessing and a curse.

Plus, wouldn't give Jungkook more satisfaction to see me bail rather than owning up to it? Wouldn't it just boost his already high ego?

I groaned again, stabbing my apple with a fork.

What have I gotten myself into?

chapter three
ksjshw