✱ chapter twenty-three

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

I was currently at the local cafe, catching up on some homework. I wanted to get it out of the way for my date with Taehyung.

I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that Taehyung likes me and wanted to go on a date with me. It was all so mind blowing.

Biting my lip to hide a grin, I continue working on my homework when someone cleared their throat beside me.

I look up and see Jungkook with his backpack. "Can I join?"

I shrug and he takes the seat in front of me, unloading his bag and taking out the same materials I was doing.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at his actions. He shrugs and says, "Well seeing that I'm in the same classes as you are and have the same homework, why don't we just work on it together? You could get it done quicker."

"Point taken." I mutter.

We start working on our math problems. It was mainly me asking him how to work out the problems.

Math has never been my strong suit. It's always been a challenge for me, but I somehow manage to pull through and learn all the formulas and problems just in time for quizzes and tests. It's a miracle.

"All you have to do is divide it on both sides and you'll get the answer," Jungkook groans when I ask him how to do the same problem for the seventh time. "This is simple math, Miyoung, a fifth grader could do this."

I scoff. "This is twelfth grade level math, how could a fifth grader get this?"

Jungkook eyes me. "Seeing as you don't know how to divide, even a newborn baby could get this."

"Oh shut up." I hiss, sticking out my tongue at him and taking back my notebook. He chuckled at my stubbornness and goes back to doing his work.

We made small talk, just talking about people in our class and how much we either wanted to kick them in the shin or hug them.

"Has Jaeun tried talking to you again?" I ask.

I hadn't seen Jaeun around anywhere after she told me off in front of the school. After Jungkook threatened her, it seemed as if she fell off the face of the earth. I haven't seen her in any classes or even in the halls.

Not that I'm complaining.

He snorts, flipping the page of his textbook. "She tries. I've seen her a couple times out of school and she'll try to approach me and apologize but I'll either brush her off or just walk away. I don't need to hear any of her bullshit anymore."

I blinked. "You don't have to be so harsh on her. I mean, you two did have something going on."

"It was never serious between us." He bluntly said.

That was my cue to shut up. It was clear that he didn't want to talk about Jaeun anymore.

I didn't understand why he was so mad at her. She didn't even throw any shade at him.

"So I heard about you and Taehyung going on a date sometime this week." Jungkook brought up out of the blue, catching me completely off guard.

"Uh, yeah. He asked me out yesterday." I said, feeling the blush starting to creep onto my cheeks.

Jungkook hums, slowly nodding his head. "So that's why you ran out after third period."

I shrug, trying to seem nonchalant about it. "He made me promise to meet him and you know how I feel about promises."

Jungkook nods again. "He wouldn't shut up about it yesterday. It was quite annoying, really."

"Did he really?" I ask, feeling my insides starting to swarm with butterflies. He mutters a quiet yeah and gets back to work.

It made me feel happy that he was excited that I had said yes to the date. Everything felt so surreal to me.

I smiled to myself and got back to finishing my math problems.

I then notice that Jungkook starts to work on his problems faster, causing me to pick up my speed on catching up.

He notices me trying to beat him and writes furiously on the paper.

We had a silent agreement on who would beat the other in finishing all the problems first.

I was on my last problem when Jungkook slams the pencil down and smiles triumphantly at me.

"Sorry Miss Second Place, I win again."

"Stop calling me that Jungkook!"

chapter twenty-three
ksjshw

sorry that this chapter is shitty and short, i didn't know what to write HHHH

also question: i'm currently working on a new fic as well and i don't know if i should publish it once i finish this book or soon? thoughts?

if u guys want, i can post the cover in the next chapter and you guys can say whatever. would you want to see the cover and who the member is?