✱ chapter thirty

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

We were currently sitting by the big oak tree in the corner of the field. None of us bothered to say a word.

We, as in Jungkook and I.

I didn't think he was going to be the one to approach me. After all, I was planning on storming up to him after class.

I was shocked, to say the least, when I saw him standing in front of me, asking me if we could talk.

I never thought Jungkook would be the first one to approach someone after a disagreement, seeing how high and mighty he is.

So he had pulled me out of class. Luckily, we still had around twenty minutes until class officially started.

And here we are, just sitting here.

The air around us was a bit awkward. I was waiting for him to speak up, but it looked like he wasn't planning on saying anything any time soon.

Clearing my throat, I turn to face the brunette boy sitting next to me. "So... what did you want to talk about?"

I wasn't just going to sit here and wait for him to speak up when all he's been doing is pick at the grass and breathe.

Jungkook looks up. "Uh, I wanted to uh, apologize for my outburst or whatever you call it on Saturday."

My mouth slightly parts. Was Jungkook apologizing?

This is another one for the books.

"What?" I manage to croak out, still shell-shocked.

He clears his throat. "Well um, I realized that you were only just looking out for me. And I appreciate that," He shoots a soft smile my way. "I guess I got defensive because you were right and I didn't want to own up to it."

I shake my head. "You don't need to be sorry. I am, I shouldn't have butt in your business. You had your date and I had mine. You were right, I should have been focusing more on Taehyung than on what you two were doing."

Jungkook raises his eyebrows at me. His mouth is parted as if he wanted to say something, but then closes it and sends a small smirk my way.

"Awe, you worried about me?" He says smoothly, leaning over and pinching my cheeks.

I glare at him and slap away his hands, him laughing in return.

"Shut up." I mutter, my cheeks starting to burn.

A sudden thought popped in my mind. I sat up straight and faced him with a huge grin on my face.

"I won!" I exclaimed, my cheeks starting to hurt by how hard I was grinning.

He furrows his eyebrows. "What do you mean you won?"

I chuckle and look up to the sky. "You said earlier that you didn't want to admit defeat that I had a point. Doesn't that technically mean that I won?"

Jungkook raises his eyebrows, a small smile resting on his lips. "Is that really what you were solely focusing on after our heart-to-heart talk?"

Nodding, I smile triumphantly. "I won!"

He shakes his head and pats my shoulder. "No you didn't."

My happy mood plummeted as I stared at him. "What do you mean I didn't win? You clearly said that you didn't want to admit defeat to me. Defeat equals someone beating you, and that someone happens to me." I point to myself.

"You always say the same thing," He chuckles, standing up and smirking down at me. "And I always respond with the same. Miyoung, there was no competition. There's gotta be a competition in order for you to even get close to that first place. You weren't first in anything, you were just right about something and I didn't want to believe you. That doesn't mean you won."

I shake my head vigorously and pout at him. "Nope, I won. I was right and you then succumbed to it."

He laughs. "Your argument is invalid, Miss Second Place." Jungkook smirks at me. "Come on, we'll be late to class."

He grips the straps on his backpack and throws me a cocky wave, starting to walk to class and leaving me behind with my mouth hung open.

"Don't call me that!" I shout after him, running behind him.

Am I ever going to beat this guy?

chapter thirty
ksjshw

yikes! this chapter is short and sloppy and a mess and sucks but eH that's how it be sometimes

i promise the next chapters are gonna be a bit more entertaining i just gotta find something to spice it up a bit yanno