✱ chapter forty-three

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

"Jungkook," I take a deep breath, gaining the courage to look into his eyes, "I love you."

Silence.

I hear my hear hammer loudly in my ears as I stare at Jungkook expectantly. I was hoping something would come out of his mouth, anything, even a yell.

But nothing.

Silence.

I gulped and teared my eyes away from his hard stare, deciding that the dirty clothes on his floor were much better to look at. I fiddled with my fingers as we sat there in silence.

Is he really not going to say anything? Not even a word?

Oh, what was I expecting to happen? That he'd yell at me and tell me that I wasn't worthy enough of his love and tell me to get out? Or that he'd hug me and tell me to be with him forever?

"You—You love me?" I hear his voice come out barely above a whisper.

My head jolts up to face him again. "Yeah, I do. I'm sorry it took me this long to realize it."

"You love me." He mutters, mainly to himself.

Confused, I blink at him with my eyebrows furrowed. "Uh...Jungkook?"

Jungkook looks straight into my eyes, startling me for a brief moment. "You aren't playing some kind of joke, right? Because if you are, then this is officially the worst thing you could do to me."

I felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach as my stare softens. I was offended at what he said. After finally realizing where my relationship stood with Jungkook and gaining the courage to confess my feelings, he had the nerve to say that I was joking with him?

Knowing my stubbornness, I wanted to yell at him for asking such a stupid question. But I knew if I did that, I would lose him forever.

I can't lose him now, not when I've only just latched onto him.

I gulp away my pride and stand up abruptly. "No Jungkook. This isn't some sick joke, this isn't a prank and this isn't something I would ever joke about. I have feelings for you. I want to be with you," I sigh and run my hands through my hair, hating myself for showing my vulnerability. "Look, if you don't believe me then that's on you."

He furrows his eyebrows and tilts his head to the side, a little mockingly. "Miyoung, you couldn't have expected me to believe that right away after nine years of you constantly telling me you hated my guts."

I clamped my mouth shut as I stared dumbfounded at him.

He was right. When he told me that he loved me, I didn't believe him because I had that mindset that he hated me.

I groan and mentally slap myself. "Oh God Jungkook, I'm sorry."

He chuckles and shakes his head. "It's fine," He stands up and walks towards me, only inches away from me. I feel the blood rush to my cheeks as I notice our proximity. "Miyoung. This, I can't believe it."