✱ chapter sixteen

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

"HE DID WHAT NOW?!" Nayoung screamed, causing me to slightly stumble back on my bed.

After Jungkook had left my house, I immediately called Nayoung to come over. She refused at first, but when I told her it was an emergency, she came running over.

I didn't know how to act or feel about this sudden attack. Maybe I was reading too much into this like I usually do.

Maybe he just wanted to kiss me because he was horny? But that's still not a good reason!

I had told Nayoung exactly what went down from when he stepped into my house and the very last words he said to me before leaving. I made sure not to leave out a single detail, for it could be important for future references.

"I know!" I exclaimed, running my hands through my hair as I sighed. "He just did it out of nowhere! He makes me so frustrated."

"Sexually frustrated?" Nayoung smirks.

I gasp and throw a pillow at her face. "That's disgusting! Never in a million years."

"Maybe he was." She remarked, throwing the pillow back at me.

"I thought so too but that's just annoying. Would you like it if some guy just came up to you and kissed you because he was sexually frustrated?" I retorted at her.

"I see your point, but he isn't just some guy. We're talking about Jungkook here."

I nod, "Exactly, Jungkook! Jungkook is my rival which makes this whole thing even more confusing. Why would he want to kiss someone he claims to hate?"

"Maybe he doesn't hate you? What if he secretly likes you?" She asks, causing me to cringe at the thought. I didn't like it. "You know people say that when a boy likes someone, instead of verbally telling them or being a gentleman, they tease you because they don't know how else to act. Jungkook teases you a lot."

"That doesn't mean he likes me, Nayoung." I point out.

"Then why else would he kiss you out of nowhere?" She exasperatedly says, throwing her hands up in the air as she stares at me in disbelief. "He wouldn't just kiss you because he was horny or whatever, he kissed you because he wanted to. And that whole staring down thing and you said he blushed right?" I nodded. "That isn't just a coincidence. Miyoung, Jungkook likes you!"

I stare at her.

She continues when I don't respond to her, "I always had a feeling he did. I mean, you're the only girl he acts that way towards. He treats other girls like trash and dumps them the next day without sparing them a second glance, but with you that's a whole different story."

Nayoung gasps, her eyes twinkling as she looked at me. "Why else would he be so jealous from that time when you went to the party with Youngjae? Or when you kissed Taehyung?"

I said nothing, waiting for her to finish her venting.

"Don't you see, Miyoung?" She sighs, clutching her chest. I furrow my eyebrows in disgust. "He's always been there with you, since elementary school up until now. You're the only consistent girl in his life, and you're the only one he actually pays attention to. He likes you!"

I clear my throat awkwardly. "You done?"

Nayoung puts her hands down and stares at me in shock. "Wait. . . do you not believe me?"

I laugh half-heartedly and grab a pillow to hold on to. "Of course I don't. The reason he kissed me was because he wanted to get some sort of reaction from me and then use it against me when the time comes around. He teases me because I'm his rival, that's what we do. He's always been a part of my life because our families are super close, so in a way I've always been forced to put up with them, whether I wanted to or not."

I pause to catch a breath. "He wasn't jealous when Taehyung and I kissed, he was mad and uncomfortable that his rival went out and about kissing his best friend. He also wasn't jealous when I went to that party with Youngjae, he was defeated because he didn't believe I wouldn't come through and bring a date."

Boring my eyes into Nayoung's, I say confidently, "Jungkook doesn't like me, and I certainly will never like Jungkook. He's my rival, he's someone I will beat eventually, even if it means for the rest of my life. He doesn't like me, Nayoung."

Silence falls between us two. I break the eye contact and start playing with my pillow, all the thoughts rushing to my head.

Where did she even get that absurd thought of Jungkook liking me? That's like saying I could go to space with no helmet on.

Jungkook doesn't like me. Jungkook doesn't like me.

Why was I getting so defensive about even the slightest talk about that subject?

Youngjae had mentioned it at the party as well, and I got as equally defensive as I did now.

I could never see myself and Jungkook in a relationship romantically. All I can see us doing is fighting and competing to get first place, even in the future.

"Sorry," Nayoung whispers lowly. I shoot my head up and looked at her.

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong." I say.

She sighs. "I've never seen you get so. . . I don't know, defensive or touchy about something."

"I hate it when someone says anything involving the world love when it comes to Jungkook and I. For some reason, it makes me sick to the stomach. I hate the thought. I just don't see how people could even think that. I thought it was obvious that I didn't like him, especially not like that." I respond, slumping my shoulders.

Nayoung nods, fiddling with her fingers. "Why do you hate it so much?"

I look up at her while shrugging slightly. "I don't really know. Just the thought itself makes me want to jump off a bridge."

She laughs and thankfully drifting the topic to her relationship with Hoseok.

I was thankful she did that, but the thought never left my mind.

Why did I hate the thought so much?

chapter sixteen
ksjshw

in time ✱ j. jungkookOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara