✱ chapter twenty-five

thank you for 3K! i didn't think anybody was going to read this book lmao

special pov - jungkook

"The day is finally here!" I hear Taehyung excitedly say from the other room. "Today's my date with Miyoung!"

I ignored him and continued fixing my collar.

Taehyung had slept over at my house last night. His parents are never home and he feels lonely. So he usually spends his time at my house.

He's like a brother to me. He's always been there for me.

It sucks that we happen to have feelings for the same girl.

Taehyung pokes his head in my room, his bright smile on his face. "I'm taking her to the tiny carnival they're putting on at the beach pier. Do you know if she likes that kind of stuff?"

I shrug, grabbing my backpack. "I dunno."

He pouts and follows me down the stairs. "What if she doesn't like surprises? Oh God, this date could be a disaster."

"It won't be a disaster." I say unamused.

One thing I never got about Taehyung was why he always talked about Miyoung to me when he knows I like her just as much as he does.

Was he asking for a death wish?

This is how we rolled. We both talked about Miyoung to each other, completely forgetting that the other also liked her.

Or we just wanted to make the other jealous.

I sighed. What kdrama is this?

"I just want her to have a good time." Taehyung sighs, running his hand through his hair.

I bite the inside of my cheek as we get into the car. I didn't want to hear any more about this, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

See, Taehyung was a super sensitive guy. He gets happy easily just as he can get angry or sad.

Girls love that apparently.

I put some music on and drive towards school. He didn't say another word about the date, most likely sensing that I didn't want to hear more about it.

"You know what?" Taehyung says out of the blue. "Why don't we double-date? You can bring someone and us four could have some fun! How long has it been since you've been on a date?"

I blink, not believing what I just heard.

Is he really suggesting for me to bring a date. . . to join his date with the girl I like?

Is he stupid?

"That was the dumbest idea I've ever heard." I bluntly state.

"No it'll be fun!" Taehyung excitedly exclaims. "I'm sure Miyoung won't mind. I should text her just in case though."

I stop at a red light and give him a pointed look. "Taehyung, you do realize what you're asking me to do, right?"

"Yeah, trying to score you a date." He mutters while typing on his phone.

"Stop texting Miyoung because a double-date is not happening." I annoyingly say.

"Well she said it would be fun." He responds, trying to show me his phone.

I ignore him. "I'm not going."

I don't think he realized what he was saying. What was his motive?

Of course, he wants Miyoung to himself and he wants to rub it in my face.

Another thing about Taehyung, he won't stop until he gets what he wants.

And neither would I.

Well Taehyung, two can play at that game.

"Fine, I'll go." I say.

From the corner of my eye I see his face brighten up. "Really? Okay awesome! Just find yourself a date and we'll all meet at the pier at 7pm sharp."

"I'll see you there."

This was going to be a hell of an evening.

chapter twenty-five
ksjshw

taehyung's a sneaky little dude isn't he lmao