✱ chapter thirty-eight

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

I was still in shock over what had just happened with Taehyung. Why was he hanging out with Jaeun all of the sudden?

What happened to the sweet boy?

I sighed as I collected myself to get back to class. The encounter left me a little shaken up, but I was not about to let it ruin my day.

I also wasn't going to give up on Taehyung, even though he looked like all he wanted to do was throw me off a cliff.

I don't blame him, so do I.

I stride into class and take my seat next to Nayoung who had her nose buried into her phone. I glance at the screen to see that she had been furiously texting Hoseok.

She noticed my presence and quickly hid her phone in her bag, flashing me an innocent grin. "What's up?"

I stare at her curiously. "Uh, what was that about?"

"What was what about?" She chuckles nervously as she tucks a strand of her dark hair behind her ear.

I give her a pointed look. "What's up with you and Hoseok? Lovers quarrel?"

She sighs. "You could say something like that. He's been so busy lately and always texts dry responses," She bites her lip and looks down. "Miyoung, he hasn't even asked me to the dance. It's two days away! Can you believe it? My own boyfriend hasn't even tried to ask. How pathetic."

I grimace at her solemn state. "Oh no, Nayoung  that's terrible. Have you tried hinting about the dance at all?"

"No. I don't want to make the first move."

I sigh. "He'll never know if you don't say anything."

She dismisses me with a wave of her hand. "Whatever, at this rate I'll just get my cousin to come with me. He's always down for anything."

I laugh. "There you go!"

Before Nayoung could open her mouth, in came Jaeun clinging onto Taehyung. His stare was straight forward and all she did was whine at him and try to get his attention.

As they passed my seat, Taehyung didn't make eye contact. It was like I wasn't even there.

Jaeun noticed his behavior and smirked my way, as if taunting me that I had lost.

I slump my shoulders once they make their way to their seats. Nayoung raises an eyebrow and looks between Taehyung and I, confusion dawned on her face.

"Okay, now what's up with you and Taehyung? He just totally ignored you! And the fact that Jaeun, out of all people, is with him... What is going on?" She bombards me with questions.

"He's mad at me," I state the obvious. "Because I ignored him and didn't make an effort to talk with him. But earlier, I went to his locker in hopes of trying to make things right but he dismissed me. It didn't help the situation at all that Jaeun was there telling him not to listen to me after what I just put him through." I say.

Nayoung flashes me a knowing look. "Did I tell you or did I tell you?"

"I know," I sigh. "I hate over-thinking everything, look where it got me."

"Don't worry, once Jaeun isn't around, try talking to him again." She reassures me.

"I think I'm going to keep my distance until the dance," I remark. "Let him cool off some steam. I'll ask him for a dance and then try to explain myself once more. If he doesn't want to be friends anymore, then... I guess that's it."

I felt a pang in my chest once those words had come out of my mouth. Not being friends with Taehyung was something I really did not want to occur. He was someone I knew I wanted in my life, even if it wasn't romantically.

These past few weeks, I had been sorting out my feelings for Taehyung. I knew I wasn't as giddy to be around him, I didn't feel a mass load of butterflies when he smiled or talked to me.

The cause of this whole ordeal could only be one person.

Jeon Jungkook.

I didn't seem to mind him hanging around me as much as I thought I despised it. In fact, I was more happy than anything.

On cue, Jungkook strolls into class with his hands shoved into his pockets, his aura radiating "swag."

He scans the class until his eyes meet mine. Immediately, his cool boy aura vanished and was replaced by a shy grin. He lifted up his hand and waved at me.

I smile softly and wave at him back. His grin, if even possible, widens as he passes my desk and winks my way. I giggle and roll my eyes playfully.

My lightened mood immediately darkened once I felt the very evident thumping of heart. I clench my jaw as I bring my hand up to my chest, feeling the now-rapid pace of my heartbeat.

What was this? Why was my heart beating so fast over a small reaction?

Could I...?

No.

I shake the thoughts out of my head and bring my attention to the front of the class once the teacher had walked in.

"Alright class, as you all know, the dance is this Saturday. Make sure you have already purchased your tickets online or in the office. I know everyone is excited, but let's focus on class today, and when break comes around you can have all the time in the world to gush about it." The teacher says strictly before opening his book to begin his lesson.

As much as I tried to pay attention to the class, my thoughts were surrounded by one thing only.

More like one person only.

Jungkook.

chapter thirty-eight
ksjshw

yes these past couple of chapters (this book in general lmao) have been lame af but pls be patient w me bc i have some drama planned!! i'll actually have some action going on *sigh*

sorry i haven't been updating lately! i've been kind of busy this summer and also i just feel like i dont want to update  bc this book is absolute TRASH LMAO

dont worry this book is almost finished hehe 🤪🤠