✱ chapter thirty-three

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

"Mom!" I whined, following her around the kitchen. "Please don't make me go! Wouldn't you rather have me study for my upcoming test?"

She groaned and grabbed her purse. "The Jeon's have kindly invited us for dinner, and you are coming with us whether you like it or not."

I pout and watch her pat my dad on the shoulder, signaling him to get his ass off the couch and leaving.

I fake a cough and throw a hand on my forehead dramatically. "I'm suddenly sick and dying, looks like you guys are gonna have to attend this exquisite dinner without me."

My dad chuckles and grabs my arm and pulls me out the door. I whine once he shuts the door and locks it.

"Looks like you have no choice but to come with us." He sends a wink my way and heads to the car.

I stick my tongue out behind his back and drag my feet towards the car, reluctantly getting in the back seat.

The Jeon's — also known as Jungkook's parents — had invited our family for dinner tonight, and to put it nicely, I did not want to go.

I got nothing against the Jeon's. They are wonderful people and they are really good friends with my parents. They're wonderful.

Except that they gave birth to Jungkook.

Every damn time our family went to their house, our parents would practically force us to spend time with each other, knowing about our little rivalry going on.

"What you two have going on is child's play," Mrs. Jeon had once said to us before. "If you guys start to spend more time together, you guys could become really good friends! Who knows, even lovers?"

Gross.

So that's how every dinner went. Our parents would lock us in the basement, forcing us to communicate with each other.

That usually ended in massive Mario Kart races. We played until death did us part, which is also known as getting called for dinner.

It never worked, locking us in the basement and forcing us to spend time and get to know each other. It always ended with us playing a game and Jungkook winning.

Every. Damn. Time.

I'm tired of it. I just want to be able to stay home and watch Netflix without having to worry about Jungkook or a form of how to beat him.

We reached the Jeon's mansion much to my dismay. We got out of the car and rang the doorbell.

I looked to my right and saw a bush. Maybe if I just threw myself in there and hid until my parents went in, they wouldn't notice where I went.