✱ chapter thirty-seven

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

After pondering over the thought of talking to Taehyung this past weekend, I had finally gained all of my courage to walk up to him before class started and tell him I was in the wrong.

In reality, Taehyung did absolutely nothing wrong. He really didn't. This whole thing that caused us to drift apart was because of me and solely because of me.

And I felt terrible.

All Taehyung did was sit on me because of the Truth or Dare game and I had to go out and be awkward and avoid him.

I hate myself.

After all, I still had some feelings for Taehyung.

Key word. Some.

This weekend had gotten me thinking a lot about my feelings in general. I had come to the conclusion that I wasn't as into Taehyung as I used to be. And I wasn't sure why.

Nothing heart-wrenching happened between us. Nothing he ever did caused me to just not like him as much. I think it was just me, you know, overthinking like always.

I wanted to apologize to Taehyung. I felt bad, because like Nayoung said, I had never even returned his confession from a month ago. I had led him on and ultimately stopped talking to him in the end over some petty reason.

In all honesty, I was hoping that Taehyung would ask me to the dance, despite us not talking to each other since that night at Jungkook's house. But I had set my hopes too high.

Not that I was upset that Jungkook had asked instead, of course not. In fact, I was rather excited that I was going to go to the dance with him. It was something different, and it excited me.

I had this plan all ready in my hand. Taehyung would be asking me to the dance, and while we were slow-dancing, I would drop the I like you too bomb on him, and then see where things would go from there.

But my well-thought of plan went down the toilet the moment Jungkook asked me.

There was no way I was going to be confessing to Taehyung at the dance. Jungkook was my date, and as his date it was my duty to give him full attention as he deserves. It wouldn't be fair to him if I ditched him for another guy.

Jungkook was the one who asked me, therefore Jungkook is the one I'm giving my undivided attention.

I fidget with the hem of my sleeves nervously as I wait for Taehyung by his lockers. I had come to school extra early so I could beat him and get to talk to him without having anyone interrupt us.

I was extremely nervous. What if Taehyung didn't want to talk to me? What if he was angry at me for ignoring him for a week?

Who am I kidding, of course he'd be! I know I would be mad if Taehyung suddenly stopped talking to me out of the blue.