✱ chapter twenty-one

thank you for 2K reads! i'm genuinely shook right now omg

miyoung pov

"I don't get it." Jungkook said out of the blue.

We were currently walking home, none of us daring to say a word.

Why? Well, after I had kissed him on the cheek back at the pizza parlor, everything got all tense and awkward.

His teammates had come up to our booth and hollered at us, congratulating Jungkook and stuff.

We didn't like all the attention on us, so we decided to get out of there.

And so here we were. Jungkook had offered to walk me to my house, and the entire walk was silent until just now.

"You don't get what?" I asked.

He sighed and glanced at me. "Why you kissed me on the cheek. First you were going off about how you hated the idea of us being in a relationship, and then you compliment me and kiss me on the cheek. Why did you do that?"

I gulped. Why did I do that?

I'm so stupid.

"As a congratulations for winning state championship?" I squeaked out awkwardly.

He chuckled, "And why would you think that would be a good gift to give me?"

I shrugged, "I dunno. Kill two birds with one stone I guess."

"What do you mean?"

"What is this, a quiz show?" I dramatically say. "Well you were right, I shouldn't have been overreacting about the whole thing. And your teammates and cheerleaders were watching us like hawks, so why not get back at them."

Jungkook hums, stuffing his hands in his pocket. We were finally reaching my house, thank God.

"You should've seen your face. Priceless." I remark once we reach my porch.

He rolls his eyes. "Well you caught me by surprise."

My eyes light up. "Wait, does this mean I win?"

"Win at what?" Jungkook snorts. "We didn't set up a challenge. You didn't win shit."

I hissed at him. He always manages to back me up in a corner.

"See you tomorrow Miss Second Place. Thanks for joining me tonight, it was. . . eventful." Jungkook waves, backing away from my house.

I bite my lip to hold in a yell. "Don't call me that!"

- - -

I was currently at my locker, gathering my necessary books for third period when I heard someone call out my name behind me.

Turning around, I meet Taehyung who has a somewhat nervous expression etched on his face.

"Hey Taehyung!" I happily greet, my heart fluttering as I turn back around to close my locker. "Jungkook and I missed you yesterday, we went to the pizza parlor and Jungkook was—"