✱ chapter forty-two

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

"You know what? I think it's best if we just go back now. It's late, he's probably already dead asleep and doesn't want anyone to bother him."

"Miyoung, it's seven in the afternoon." Nayoung deadpanned.

I groan. "So? People have different sleeping schedules!"

We were parked in front of the Jeon's mansion, and once we arrived at his neighborhood, I chickened out. There could possibly be no way he would want to see me now, right?

This was a dumb idea.

"Listen, why don't I just talk to him at school?" I whine, grabbing Nayoung's arm and pulling it.

"The school has a week-long break, remember?" She sighs. "Look, we're already here. Stop being such a pussy and go talk to him right now. What do you have to lose?"

I pretend to think. "My pride."

"Honey, you lost that a long time ago." I gasp and hit Nayoung's arm, emitting a chuckle from her. "Seriously, go in and talk to him now before you regret it."

"Your house is close by, right? How about we take a breather there and rationally think of a plan before I barge into his house and confess." I shudder when I think of me actually telling Jungkook about my feelings.

That was something I never thought I would've said.

Thinking back to earlier this year, even way back when we were kids, I would've never imagined me being in the position of fighting myself to tell Jungkook I liked him.

If someone had even mentioned something about a spark of romance between Jungkook and I, I would've probably had their head. I hated when people talked about us like that. I hated when people thought of us as a couple.

But now that I finally had my feelings sorted out, I was starting to think that it wasn't such a bad idea after all.

"We're not stopping at my house," Nayoung said with a roll of her eyes. "Get out of my car before I have to physically remove you from my car myself."

"Alright damn, chill." I say with my hands raised, slowly getting out of the car. "If I don't come back out, call the cops."

"Or that means that you and Jungkook will-"

I cut her off immediately. "Stop!" I ignore her laughs and hurriedly walk to the front of his door.

I feel my heart pounding against my rib cage as I lift my finger up to ring the doorbell. I could feel my heartbeat in my ears. I hated feeling nervous.

It was just Jungkook, right? There was no reason to be so nervous.

Yeah, but you're here to tell him you like him. And don't forget the part where you broke his heart at the school dance in front of people.