✱ chapter thirty-six

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

"Miyoung, will you go to the dance with me?"

I blink a couple times, trying to process the situation.

Did the Jeon Jungkook just ask me to go to the dance with him?

Wasn't he supposed to be my rival? Frenemy?

What even were we?

I think back to the time where we went for ice cream together two weeks ago. He had asked me if I would say to yes to anyone who asked me.

That sneaky bastard. He had been planning to ask all along, hadn't he?

He had trapped me in a corner and there was no way out of it.

A nudge to my side was soon felt, snapping me out of my trance. I turn to Nayoung who was glaring at me and signalling something with her eyes.

I furrow my eyebrows at her and watch her groan. "Answer him, you fool! Don't leave the poor guy hanging there."

Widening my eyes, I quickly turn my head to look at Jungkook. His shoulders were slightly slumped, the roses and the sign in his hand were tightly clutched, as if he was afraid they were going to slip out of his grip.

His eyes seemed almost hopeful with a mix of defeat for some reason. He was pursing his lips,  his cheeks still blaring red. He was still gazing at me.

He was embarrassed.

The six boys behind him were still holding up the sign, their faces vibrating that they were exhausted of holding up the sign and basically screaming with their eyes for me to make up my mind and answer him.

Everyone else that had come out of the school to sing all had their eyes on me, waiting for me to make up my mind.

"Just answer him already, damn it!" I hear an unfamiliar voice say from behind Jungkook.

It seemed like Jungkook's face couldn't get any redder.

I opened my mouth, my voice caught at the back of my throat as I tried to spit out an answer.

"Yes, I'll go to the dance with you." I say, standing up and gulping the nerves that were beginning to creep up within me.

With a snap of a finger, Jungkook's face lit up. He had replaced the purse of his lips with that infamous grin of his, his eyes turned to crescents as he beamed at me.

Cheers erupted from behind him, claps and hollers filling up my ears.

I was sure as I was a deep shade of red by now.

Nayoung pats my shoulder and sends a wink my way, heading over to Hoseok and pecking him on the lips.

I stood there awkwardly and continued to gaze at Jungkook, who seemed uncomfortable standing there. He still had the sign and flowers clutched into his hands.