Alarm ((Chapter 8))

*** Alaire's POV ***

It's been a year since Argout took Abrielle to the other Realm. It caused such a huge scale turmoil here in Celes. The Elders were angered when he left with her. Especially, those geezer Alphas. My, my, they ought to have better luck in finding a needle in the haystack.

I snickered. Too bad Yhuelle ain't here to see them. Such a great sight.

I shook my head as I watched my hands twitch.

I really miss them. Will they be back soon? I wish I can come there too, it must be fun. But here I am, stuck in the castle, keeping an eye over the Elders' movements.

i sighed again.

*****

"Alaire! Alaire!"

I know that voice.

"It's me old pal!"

Oh, it's Argout. I looked around, but saw no one in the stone hallways. I realized he must be communicating from the other world. He and his mental telepathy. What a total show-off.

"Hey! You finally inviting me over?" I asked cheerfully. My chest tightened in excitement at the thought of finally seeing my best friends.

"Take care of Abrielle," he murmured. "Embry's men got me, they'll be aiming at her and..." He's speaking in haste. I felt trouble coming.

"What should I do?" Alarmed as I was, I managed to get a few things inside my small bag. "Hey! Yhuelle! Speak up!"

Nothing.

Damn, the telepathy cut off. Did they know he was talking to me? I cleared my head at once and headed out of the Palace grounds.

"Abrielle, please be safe," I prayed.

An hour has passed. I finally reached the Gate. I used a sleeping spell on the guards and entered the portal towards the other world. Swirls of magic clouds danced around me, pulling me towards the other side. i tried to ran faster. I knew I'm running against time.

*****

I arrived on an empty street. It was still dark, but faint pink light was slowly spreading from the horizon. My guess it's early in the morning. I looked around. I quickly changed my clothes with a spell. I didn't want to be conspicuous to normal humans.

I took a quick stroll around the neighborhood.

How am I going to find Abrielle?

I closed my eyes and tapped the magic hidden inside me. i pulled out enough magic and tried to track Abrielle's presence. This ought to be easier, since my magic is attuned to hers.

Still nothing. Did she completely hid her magic? Or was it one of Yhuelle's precautions?

I didn't know how much time has passed, but I was finished trying my luck. I couldn't find her. I leaned on a wall and watched the people slowly stirring up from their slumber.

Where is she?

Some one around the corner caught my attention. I could feel a slight magical presence clinging on her. I squinted my eyes. The girl was small in stature and has short black hair. Black eyes contrasted her chalky pale skin, her glasses giving her a 'nerdy' look. My guess was that she is a high school student coming to school.

She turned around, noticing my unconscious reaction of tailing her. She must've thought I'm a stalker.

She quickly ran away, but not before I got a glimpsed of that perfectly glazed look in her eyes. The eyes of someone who possessed magic.

"Wait!" i called out as she gained a distance from me.

I couldn't be mistaken. It's definitely Abrielle! I nearly didn't recognize her!

Although her appearance changed, I knew it was her. She must've disguised herself, or Yhuelle did. But I could feel it's her. I finally found her.

"Abrielle!"