Petals of A Dream ((Chapter 30))

Oh gosh... this story was nearing its end.. a few more chapters and then I'm done.. ='(

I wanna cry... thanks guys for reading this story.. I really love this story.. and I know it was loved by my readers too.. continue to vote, fan and comment for my stories!! Honestly, I couldn't survive without your support.. =)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

***Abrielle's POV***

"What kind of sick joke is that?"

I moved farther from the delusional royalty, one step at a time, without removing my icy glare from him, until I hit the marble wall. His disturbing words echoed in my head, consciously aware that it couldn't be real.

If he was lying, I would definitely give him two thumbs up. I couldn't find any faults in him, even just a slight hint of falsehood. His impeccable facade was as serene as midnight, and both his eyes and voice betrayed no hesitation.

I couldn't deny the fact that his emotions that were transmitted to me were all sincere. There were no wavers in him. He was telling the truth, a truth I couldn't and wouldn't believe.

"I know it's hard to accept," he said, as if reading my thoughts. "That's why -"

"It's impossible! I can't be with someone like you!" I cut him off with a distorted voice. I didn't realize I was on the verge of crying, until that very moment. I wasn't the only one feeling this way; the new wave of emotions from him was far greater than mine that it was almost repelling. It was as if his heart was shattering into tiny fragments, bit by bit, in a torturous and tormenting manner. It was so painful that my even my energy was being drained, leaving a hollowness in me. Was my rejection that big of a deal to him? Was he really telling the truth? But how come-?

"Abrielle," he called in a patronizing tone, unable to hide the sadness within. He offered to raise me up from the ground. I simply stared at his hand, but refused to move. I didn't realize that I was already on my knees, and that my whole frame was trembling though it wasn't cold. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

Regret.

"Forget what I said."

Deception.

"Let's go home."

Worry.

"I promise I wouldn't bug you again."

Surrender.

"Let's leave, Lady Abrielle."

Defeat.

Each of his words dragged a different emotion, all intense, gagging me at the same time. How could he be so emotional? For heaven's sake, he's the first person I should avoid in my life! I couldn't endure for long his chaotic emotional climate. It's driving me insane!

I pushed myself off the ground, and he rapidly caught me before I fall again. The moment he touched my skin, a jolt of electricity ran freely through me, sending shivers to the pit of my stomach. I was frozen for a second. What was that? Static?

When he was sure that I could stand erect, he removed his hands from me and stood a foot away. This time, he was the one to chant the Teleportation spell. His warm, blazing mana, the visible form of magic, surrounded us like fire.

A red sea of fire.

Something triggered at the back of my mind.

***Yhuelle's POV***

A small voice in my head kept me sane and functioning despite that poignant ordeal.

"Not as bad, not as bad." It kept repeating, comparing this to her probable death in the future. Of course, losing her memories of us being together was not as bad as her sacrificing her life.

"But still, bad enough," I mentally replied. It was incapacitating. Somehow, I dearly wished I never experienced falling in love. I quickly recoiled from that thought, and gave myself a mental slap. If I never loved her, my life would have been empty and meaningless. I would have never known how fulfilling life could be. But still...

How could it be this agonizing? I was bereft of words to clearly explain how I felt. It was like my whole world was destroyed, no, my whole universe. Giving her up was like losing my reason for existing. Shit, since when did I become this melodramatic? Oh yeah, since I met her. She changed me. And now, I couldn't change back.

"Could you please stop that?" she whispered wearily. I lifted my eyes, and saw her fragile body standing in the midst of the grassy Silver Glade. We safely made it back. The pale moonlight made her golden hair glistened like a crown on her small head. Her emerald green eyes were captivating; I had no choice but to be absorbed in their sheer charm. She was as lovely as the first time I saw her, maybe even more now than before. In the dead of the darkness, she was incredibly, impossibly, irresistibly beautiful. I sighed. Now, I could only watch her from afar. How devastating it would be!

"I told you, stop it!" she yelled in asperity. "Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!"

"What-" I stepped towards her, but quickly retreated again. She's not my Abrielle anymore. She didn't even want me sticking my nose in her business. What's the point of comforting her?

"Leave me alone..."

"As you wish." I quickly removed my presence, and headed back to the house near the forest. She needed time to think things through. I promised myself that I would do anything for her, so I wouldn't do anything against her wish, even if it meant I need to stay out of her life.

As I paced back to the small country house, my mind shifted through a lot of possibilities. I tried thinking, analyzing, and viewing things from different perspectives.

***Abrielle's POV***

I don't want to hear his heart anymore. I'm tired of feeling his intense emotions. I want to be left alone. Out of the blue, I heard a man's voice across the vast glade.

"Memories are meant to be remembered, not forgotten."

A blurry image flashed before my eyes...

"Are you sure?"

"This is for the best."

"He would be greatly hurt."

"I know."

"So why-?"

"I needed to severe our ties as soon as possible. A clean cut, so that the injury would heal faster. He could find a person better suited to him than me. Besides, I wouldn't want to destroy everything for the sake of my happiness."

"Princess..."

"This is my wish, Razi. You need to fulfill it."

"But-"

"When the proper time comes, let me remember things for one last time, so I could say my goodbyes. Then the rest will be left in your hands."

"Yes, my princess..."

Here I lay, under the midday sun, unyielding, remembering the memories I thought I had relinquished for good, justly reminded about the duty I had to perform and the last final act before the end.

My end.

I closed my eyes, and savored the damp smell of earth.

Finally... it has come to this. I am now prepared.