Alphas ((Chapter 22))

I'm introducing a lot of characters right now... do you think I should dedicate one chapter for the character profiles?? Or a kind of index?

Well, anyways... ENJOY reading! Comment me if you need, or want anything... =)

-------------------------------------------------------

*** Alaire's POV***

He was very grimy that I hardly recognized him. From what I can infer, a lot of things must have happened to him. It was like he was tortured in the depths of Hell. There was no trace of nobility left in him. His clothes were tattered and part of his skin was burnt. It was only his flame-like hair and bright crimson eyes that made me identify him.

I grinned in relief that he was still alive. I stood up to meet him, rising with a bit of discomfort. I opened my arms to welcome him in a brotherly hug.

"Hey bastard. I've been dying to see you."

I took a quick step forward as my right hand balled into a tight fist. I landed a hit right on the middle of his face. He staggered to his feet as blood dripped from his nose.

"Ooh. Blood," I teased.

"Yhuelle!" the young lady with him yelled in surprise. She was like a duplicate of Tharne, although her features were feminine. She held twin swords towards me.

"Theletta, move away. This needs to be settled between us." He pushed her away and stood erect. She was still glaring at me before she sheathed her swords.

I stomped towards him while feeling my rage seething inside me. We were facing each other now, and I was glad I am towering over him.

"How dare you do that to us?!" I gripped his collar and shook him. "Do you know what we went through -?"

He punched me in the gut.

"It was your fault! I never told you to bring her here! I told you to protect her. She was better off at the other Realm and yet you - "

I gritted my teeth as I returned the favor.

"You can't expect me to leave you alone."

"I did expect it Alaire, if it was for her sake."

"You don't understand Argout," I spat on his face. "It was because you kept on hiding her that this happened. You were running from the problem instead of facing it! And do you know what she had to give up in order to find you?! Do you?!"

"Hey, hey. Chill out Devratte. Violence wouldn't solve anything."

Someone pulled us apart. It was Steven Rolleys, the tall outlaw and Jaed, the bald priest. They were my companions during the fight two years ago, so I remembered them at once.

A loud explosion caught our attention. As smoke filled the garden, I noticed everyone tensed. Everyone huddled closer as the gray clouds slowly disappeared. My eyes narrowed as I made out distinct human forms from afar.

Damn.

It was the Alphas! They've assembled here when they noticed the exchange of offense spells. The six newcomers had the same white robe as Embry, even though they all looked nothing alike. Two females and four males. They stood a good twenty feet from us in a loose semicircle. Their mere presences were terrifying, although their powers were kept hidden within them. My uncle stood behind them, injured yet wearing a victorious smile.

Together with Abrielle beside me, the Circle of Alphas was complete.

They knelt before Yhuelle in a swift smooth fashion, except old Inoue. I felt an unnatural shiver ran over my body. Fear? I don't know. But my head is telling me not to mess with these guys.