Fire ((Chapter 20))

***Yhuelle's POV***

The moment I opened my eyes, a pretty brown-haired lady locked me in a suffocating hug.

"Oh! Yhuelle! I'm so glad you are all right!" she squealed. "I've been worried!"

"Theletta? What are you doing here?" I asked as soon as I could breathe. I sat up uncomfortably. I was lying on the soil, under a shady deciduous tree.

"Hey, that she-bastard ain't the only one here," a familiar voice snapped. I turned around and saw the other three people with her.

"Everyone!" I gasped in surprise. I stood up at once and fell back to the face-first on the solid ground. They laughed at my stupidity, before helping me rise. This was just like the good old times. My mind was still not in a good shape, but as far as I could remember, no one changed that much.

They were my comrades during my fight against Wixon and the former Alphas roughly two years ago. Aldina, the rune expert of the group, was still the same cursing bitch. She didn't grow an inch and her hair was still the same black pixie-cut, yet her face became more feminine than before. Steven Rolleys, the tracker and my sworn older brother, was, even now, the tallest in the group. He grew his black hair and tied them in a ponytail. Jaed, the paternal priest in the group, simply smiled at me, like he usually did. Theletta still wielded her twin swords. Her face was the same as always but her long red-brown hair was now just braids instead of the usual curls.

"What happened? Where are we? Why are you here? Where are the others? Why - ?" Steven hit me in the head and rubbed his knuckles. "What was that for?!"

"You're asking us too many questions!" he growled. Aldina smirked behind him, but her sharp eyes remained restless. I saw Theletta fidgeting beside Jaed whose usually composed face crumpled in worry.

"Promise me that whatever happens, stay put. You're not fully recovered yet." He crossed his arms.

"That depends," I narrowed my eyes as I scrutinized them.

"Then no deal," Steve strode away.

"All right," I said as I sat down on the grass. "I'll wait till I'm healed. Spit it out now, Rolleys."

They looked at each other, and Jaed nodded. If it's Jaed who will talk, things must be dead serious.

"Listen Sir Argout," he spoke slowly. He's the only one in the group who calls me that. "Wrynlace saw this happening about a week ago, so we left Vixor to gather these guys. We have the general idea of what's going to happen. We found everyone and told them what will happen. Everyone had an unanimous vote. We will support you as a friend, both you and Yolan."

I almost forgot to breathe.

"We went here in accordance with a plan, and came just in time. The Castells were about to bring you to their fortress in their city. Good they were not Castell Superiors. They were no match for us. We were able to retrieve you safely. It seemed like they placed a restricting spell on your mind, but I was able to save you before you self-destructed. "

"Thanks Jaed." I shook his hands.

"Thank this fine lady too." He motioned to Aldina. "If not for her, I couldn't enter your mind at all."

"Thanks Aldina. I'll owe you for a lifetime." I approached her to give her a hug but she evaded.

"Go away. I don't need someone kissing my ass." Despite her words, I saw her blush.

"Jaed, your wife is really... I have no words for her. Tell Wrynlace thank you." I said with gratitude. Having a fortune - teller really is advantageous.