Stories and a stare

Published: July 5th, 2018
I do not own the video above

Sol pov

I turned around and saw a beautiful top and bottom. I gasped and stood up walking to them. I winced in the pain that shot up my arm. In all the action I forgot about my arm that was still covered in blood and burns. "What happened?" one of them questioned curiously.

"It was an accident," I told her simply. "Come we must get that cleaned and bandaged". She insisted and brought me over to a bowl with water in it next to a rag. She took off my shirt again to clean the wound. After a bit, she was done and the burn was now covered in leaves and vines. I quickly thanked her as I then grabbed my new clothes and put them on. They actually fitted this time. I stepped out of the room where the kids and mothers stood. They gasped and smiled at me.

 They gasped and smiled at me

I hugged and thanked them. I left them and as I left the room I ran into a hard chest I looked up and saw Tsu'tey. He was taller than me by a few inches. As he looked down at me, His cheeks became a light purple. Then soon after he became stone face again. (Can't he ever smile?) "come," he told me then started to walk off. I quickly followed him.

We arrive back at the main gathering place and I see all the Omaticaya sitting on the ground eating and talking with each other. When Tsu'tey and I entered many eyes starred as I walked behind Tsu'tey and all conversations stopped. I took a deep breath and kept a stoic face and followed tsu'tey to where we will be sitting. Being careful to not step on anyone's tails. The Omaticaya began to speak again and the room once again came alive.

Tsu'tey finally sat down and I followed his motions sitting down as well. I was then offered some of there food it smelled weird but good. The smell reminded me of my tribe's food I used my hand to bring some of the food to my lips, it tasted just like the food my father used to make. I starred at the food in front of me as memories flooded my mind.

"You don't like our food" Tsu'tey snapped. I snapped out of my memories and looked up at Tsu'tey who looked a little angry at me. I quickly shook my head. "No, no, it's just" I trailed off looking at the food again. Tsu'tey gave me a look that demanded an answer. "The food reminds me of my people is all, I was just remembering them," I told him bringing more food to my lips.

Before Tsu'tey could say anything the Omaticaya people once again became quite. I looked up and saw Jake and Neytiri walking in. Jake now dressed in Omaticaya clothes. I held in an annoyed sigh as he started to embarrass himself. Telling the Omaticaya not to stop because of him and then he stepped on someone's tail!

"That idiot" I mumbled bringing more food to my mouth. Jake and Neytiri made there way over to tsu'tey and I sitting down. Jake sat next to me, I offered him some food. "Accept or they will take offense" I whispered/hissed at him. He nodded and began to eat.

Within a few moments,s a young girl came up to me with a young boy trailing behind her. She had a hold of his hand and was leading him to me. I smiled at her, having a weakness to young ones. "I see you, what can I do for you" I spoke in Na' vi.

"I see you, I heard some of the other girls speaking about the stories you told them and my brother and I really want to hear some of your stories, if that is ok" she spoke back also in Na' vi. I smiled at her even bigger. "I'd be honored, "I said in a gentle voice. I then watched as the young boy comes out from behind her and walk towards me slowly.

Once he gets close to me he sits on my lap, shocking me. I wrap my arms around him, a gentle smile on my face. "Hello, young one" I whispered to him. He looked up at me and huffed. "I'm not young I'm a big boy" he stated crossing his arms with a huff looking away. "Oh my apologies, how old are you," I asked him not noticing people watching me.

"I'm 8" he stated proudly. I giggled, "You really are a big boy," I said to him. I then looked up at his sister "may I know how old you are and your name" I asked? "My name is Imani and I'm 14 and that's T'Challa," she said gesturing to her brother in my arms. She then sat down in front of me. (T'Challa, he has the same name as an old friend of mine) "It's nice to meet both of you, so what would you like to hear about," I asked her. "Anything" T'Challa said In my arms. I nodded and thought of a legend well it's not really a legend because it really happened and hopefully still is.

"Alright, I'll tell you the story of Wakanda," I told them. Our conversation seemed to have gained some attention of the Omaticaya, as more people came closer to me to hear me speak. "Long long ago a meteorite made of vibranium, the strongest substance In the universe struck the continent of Africa, affecting the plant life around it, and when the time of men came, five tribes settled on it and called it Wakanda."

"The tribes lived in constant war with each other. Until a warrior shaman received a vision from the panther goddess Bast, who leads him to the heart-shaped herb plant that granted him strength, speed, and instincts. The warrior became king and the first Black Panther. The protector of Wakanda. The heir to the throne or winner of a challenge against the Black Panther will then become the next Black Panther and every time the Black Panther dies a new black panther is born never leaving Wakanda unprotected." I told them sometimes making hand gestures. The people watched me with awe.

"Is the black panther real" T'Challa asked me. I smiled at him and pokes his nose with my index finger. "He's as real you and I and the Omaticaya," I told him. He was awed by the story of Wakanda. During my storytelling, I had felt eyes on me but not like the rest of the people who watched me speak but this gaze felt intense like it could read me like an open book.

I looked around until I looked next to me I was that Tsu'tey was staring at me with an unreadable emotion in his eyes. I quickly looked away my heart speeding up a bit. I enjoyed the rest of the night telling the Omaticaya about my people and our ways soon gaining all their attention. I was in the middle while I was surrounded by children closest to me then farther out the adults. I felt like I was home for the first time in a very long time.

A/n I'm sorry I mentioned Black Panther I just watched it for the first time last night and I just could not get it off my mind.