first flight

A/n hello readers before we fly into this chapter I would like to ask u all something.  I'm looking to have a new cover made for this book.  I would love for one of you to create the new cover.  If you would like to send me a cover for this book plz leave a comment on this chapter or message me. 

Published 7/26/19

As I sat high up on my ikran looking over the edge of the floating mountain I took a deep breath and readied for my first flight.

"Fly" I commanded sternly. My body was jerked back at the sudden rush forward. 

The ikran took off like a rocket. I let out a scream as we plummet off the cliff  the ikran wails and screeches as we fall. I felt us starting to spirall out of control, and I'm almost tossed off.

"Calm down!  And fly straight" I yell over the intense wind.

My ikran stops it's screeching and stops falling as it levels out.  I cock my head to the right, and think bank right and the animal complies. I settle my ikran into an easy glide, while I catche my breath. And ease my beating heart.

I hear cheers from above me and see that the young warriors that I had came with were looking over the edge cheering me on.  I smile at them and wave at them.

Soon they followed me on their ikrans.  Tsu'tey was information with me.  We looked at eachother with large toothy smiles.  I looked forward and leaned a little back my eyes scanning the beautiful scenery infront of me.  I through my arms into the air and let out a cheer along with a laugh.  The young warriors following my motions. 

Letting out their own cheers.  Tsu'tey even let out his own.  While secretly watching me.  As the suns light makes my skin glow slightly. Making his heart speed up.

Time seem to fly by

A week has passed since I have gained my ikran.  Tsu'tey and I have gotten closer.  Now my heart beats so crazy when he's around me.  Ive been trying so hard to forget my crush on him but it's gotten worse.  Now I love tsu'tey.  It hurts that I know we won't ever be.  Because he's promised to Neytiri. 

I let out a sigh and entered a dimly lit room with Jake.  Neytiri and tsu'tey following us. Today was the day that Jake and I would become part of the people.  I sit down on a rock and tus'tey sits infront of me.  Jake and Neytiri are on the other side of the room.

I watch quietly as tsu'tey puts his hand in what looks like white paint.  He brings them to my body and starts to draw patterns all across my skin. The brush of his fingers over my stomach send my body into shivers. I lock eyes with him as he focuses on my face.  His fingers freeze for just a moment on my lips before gently gliding over them. 

This simple act felt so intimate it sent shock waves through my body.