Destruction

Published 8/20/19

When I opened my eyes I saw the familiar white lid of my capsule.  A smile was plastered to my lips as I recalled what had just happened between tsu'tey and I.

Even though he did not touch my human body I could still feel the tingles of his fingers against my skin.  I let out a sigh of happiness as I opened the lid.  Sitting up,  swinging my legs over to the side.  Tsu'tey and I..... We're mated for life. 

That night I slept feeling at peace with the world.  Like nothing could go wrong.  I felt like I was on cloud 9.

--------------------

The next morning I was up early,  I had almost ran back to the capsule.  I wanted to be back with tsu'tey.  I knew that if I waited a moment longer grace would come and try to feed me. 

As I closed my eyes I saw a familiar light. 

When I opened my eyes I found myself cuddled up against tsu'tey.  My head resting on one of his arms while the other held me securely against him. I smiled at his peaceful resting face.  Noticing some hair out of place on his head.  I brought one of my hands up and pushed it back behind his ear. 

Taking my time,  my eyes scanned his face. I took in every detail I could.  I could get used to waking up like this. 

My head shot in the direction as the sound of large machines and snapping trees filled the air.  Hoping out of tsu'tey arms,  waking him up in the progress.  I scamned the area with my eyes trying to find the sound.  Tsu'tey standing close next to me.

"SOL" I heard tsu'tey scream as he tackled me to the ground as a large tree covered in thorns crashed down where I once stood. 

I looked at tsu'tey with a frantic look. " we need to move" I paniced.  He nodded.  Grabbing my hand as we raced off down the trail we had traveled that night.  Dodging collapsing trees. 

I heard a shout and saw a group of young warriors standing on the edge of the tree line with direhorses.  We stopped once we reached them.  I turned around and watched as the once beautiful sacred trees were destroyed.

My hands shot to my mouth as a sob escaped passed my lips as tears were streaming down my face. 

Hands grabbed my shoulders and turned me around and away from the destruction.  I buried my face in tsu'tey chest as sobbs racked my body. 

Tsu'tey picked me up and set me on the back of a direhorse. He hopped up and sat behind me.  His face holding anger.  Through our newly formed bond I could feel his emotions.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around him as he wrapped his around me,  as we road back to home tree.  To tell the tribe the horror that just occurred.