Arrow cut in 2

Published 11/10/18

Tsu'tey and I were in an open field area with the other younger Warriors. The younger Warriors are practicing their fighting, hand-to-hand combat mostly while tsu'tey and I were farther away from them where they couldn't see us. Tsu'tey wanted to see me shoot with a bow and arrow. I held the bow with an arrow nocked on pointing it at a tree where a target was. I felt a warm body behind me pressed flat against my back and a hot breath next to my ear. I froze. " you are tense, relax" he stated in a deeper voice.

I turned my head a bit to get a better look at him. My eyes met his and the world seems to freeze for a few seconds. I had never realized how beautiful his eyes were. I quickly look away ignoring my heart. Tsu'tey moved away from me and walked around so he was in front of me now. He looked over my stance and gave a short nod. "Now fire" he spoke. I took a deep breath and released it along with my arrow. The arrow cut through the air and embedded itself into the wood.

A toothy smile makes its way on to my face, I have never felt so excited about hitting the Center of a Target since my first time learning how to shoot a bow with my father. I looked to tsu'tey who gave me a smile in return and nodded, in approving. "You are good, now do it again" he crossed his arms. I nodded and grabbed two arrows this time turning the bow a bit to the side. I nocked the two arrows to the bow and aimed. I took a deep breath and when I released my breath I also released my arrows.

They cut through the air once again. One of my arrows hitting my previous arrow breaking it in two and my second arrow hit just above it. This went on for a while, a had shot off a Direhorse and running through the trees. Tsu'tey was testing everything I could do with a bow and I was happy to show him. I felt so at peace with being here on pandora. I had felt at home for once in a very long time. I had not even realized I had zoned out until I felt hands grab my shoulders.

I looked up to see Tsu'tey looking at me. I smiled at him. "Did ya say something, sorry I was thinking about some stuff" I told him with a shrug of my shoulders. "I had asked you if you wanted to go on patrol tonight," he told me removing his hands from my shoulders. I nodded. "Ya sure" I gave a short response. Tsu'tey held concern in his eyes but turned away from me. We headed back to where the other warriors were. They were all sitting on the ground eating. I had forgotten to pack anything to eat.