Chapter Three

Zev

I rip out of my skin and into my fur sexually frustrated and angry at myself for snapping at the girl.

I should've been able to handle my emotions better, but when she let out those soft moans I snapped. I couldn't help but imagine the sounds she'd make if I was thrusting into her, I could give her a reason to moan. My wolf grows unruly at the thought of her.

Perking up my ears I hear the faint sound of rustling leafs and voices. Few, if any, came this far out most knew better then to trample around my woods. Picking up speed I easily cover the distance with ease, another perk of being unnatural.

The faint glow of a camp fire comes into view and the smell of sweat and  blood fills my nostrils.

A group of men, all in uniform, sit at a make shift camp site. I can see the small Nightshade symbol sewn into the armor that lays scattered around them.

My fur bristles the Nightshade represent one of the royal families, why would they send their men out this far? Crouching onto my belly I hide behind a tree trying to catch some of their conversation.

"Something came through about two days walk from here."

"Near the lake?"

There no response but the other man continues,

"Shouldn't it be dead then."

"The Queen said come so we come. Now hand me the ale would you."

I need to get back home there was little doubt they were coming for the small female.

Who is she.

Showing up in the dead of night, mind blowingly alluring and now the Nightshade Queen sends a troupe to my woods? Nothing made sense.

Maybe she was a witch, it could explain the instant attachment I felt to her. That didn't feel right though, her fear was genuine when we spoke and she was alluring in a innocent, unassuming way. She was distracting me even now, I shake my head.

The Nightshaders would be on my door step in two, maybe three days depending on the weather.

My paws begin pounding the dirt as I pick up speed, the little female had some questions to answer.

~~~~~~

Thea

He had been gone for hours. I was left to sit here, staring at the walls.

Who just leaves an injured person alone anyways, I could be dead for all he cared apparently. I don't even know why I care if he cares, we just met.

If I'm honest with myself I know why I care, the lonely part of me wants companionship.

I've never been good at making friends, let alone boyfriend's and whatever family I had decided long ago I wasn't worth keeping, everyone seemed to come to that conclusion about me.

The front door flew open ending my pity party.

His chest is bare as it rises up and down with each panted breath. His pants barley hanging on, I can even see the distinct v leading to his... I can't even finish that thought.

I feel hot all of sudden,  I can't stop my eyes from scanning his beautiful body until they latch on to his massive tattoo. It looks like black tentacles wrapping around the right side of his chest and continuing onto his back. His shoulders are so wide, he could throw me around like a sack of potatoes if he wanted to. Each ab is clearly defined on his trim body. He's to attractive it can't be allowed.