Chapter Twenty-Seven

Zev

When I arrive at the Night Isle's it's oddly quiet. Minimal guards and dead streets, silence is telling.

It's easy enough to get into the castle unnoticed a simple jump and my paws are silently padding down the dimly lit corridors. I know she's here her scent hasn't diminished and I would her smell anywhere. I pray it hasn't taken me to long too get here but I had to make a stop...I just hope my delay doesn't cost me.

No, I shake off the thought like a chill, I would know if she were gone.

Instead of heading to the dungeon her scent climbs higher and higher. Soon I'm pacing up countless stone steps and down forgotten hallways until I reach a black door with an aged golden handle.

She'e in there.

The downfall to being a wolf is no thumbs so I have to shift back. Wasting no more time I thrown on a pair of shorts and open the door.

Thea is there, dressed in a small pink dress that lands above her knees and cups her breast beautifully. She doesn't look like she's been tortured she looks stunning if I'm being honest. Her hair is clean and wild and her tiny bare feet have a jump in their step.

"Little one."

She spins around in circles, dancing to me. When she reaches me she lays her hands on my chest and peers up at me.

For the first time I back away from her. Her eyes are no longer wide amber filled innocence their red, still, dead.

This is not my Thea.

"What's wrong Zevie I'm still your little wolf. Don't you want me?"

Her voice is still sweet. I snarl and go to wrap my hands around her neck but freeze, this is still Thea's body, still Thea's face and neck. I can't hurt her.

"Who are you."

She cocks her head to the side, "We've met before I was in her brother for a little while but if you want to do things formally," She pulls away from me and executes a perfect curtsey, "Abaddon leader of Duat and now Fearrow."

My gut lurches as a swallow vomit and fear.

"Get out of her."

My canines expands, my wolf going feral. Neither of us can stand the thought of him inside her.

She giggles, "Or what? Will you punch me? Strangle me? Or maybe you'll rip out my heart and fuck me into oblivion? But that would mean hurting your little mate, could you do that? I always thought you were a rabid dog but this body insisted otherwise as she begged for her life."

This isn't possible I would feel if Thea was gone. My instincts are telling me she's still here but maybe they're just just listening to the organ hammering away in her chest.

"Little one I know you're still in there. Fight him you're meant to be here with me."

I have no shame in begging for her to return, my pride means little if it means she comes back. Walking up to me she cups my face I can feel the soft sparks her touch always give me. Her red eyes stare back into mine.

"She is not coming back. If I have to make you watch this body fuck every male in the army to get that through your head I will." Her pink mouth forms a full pout now, "I don't want to hurt you wolf, I simply want your obedience, your a powerful creature. There is nothing left for you to fight anymore. What you love is dead swear your allegiance to me and I will let you be the only one to have her body. It's not her but you'll be able to see her face, feel her body lay with yours for eternity. "