Chapter Nineteen

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

Zev

The past few days have gone by in a blur. I want this all to be over, I want to take Thea home and just live. Maybe it will all end here, I find the witch kill the witch and move on. I shake my head refocusing my thoughts, we're here.

Fae kingdom was never the largest or even the wealthiest but they were revered.

A small Kingdom, their land sat deep in a fortuitous forest, it said Fearrow herself blessed the race. Their lands were fertil, their people beautiful and while magic lived in all things on Fearrow it couldn't compare to that of the Fairies.

They were the oldest race on Fearrow and as such their magic was also the oldest. Anyone born on Fearrow can learn to control and practice magic; spells, incantations, rituals, summonings, even potions but all of this takes years of practice. For the Fae it came as natural as breathing.
Their magic was nature based, some could control plant life, others the beasts of the land or the weather but the most impressive were those who could control the minds of man. They could make you see and do whatever they pleased, even end yourself.

But the Fae were never know to abuse their power. They we're thankful to Fearrow and Anu for their blessed lives and it showed. None of their people went without medicine or sustenance, irregardless of station. The royal family was even know bring the elderly or orphaned into their home when needed.

The Bedlam knew the Fae were her greatest threat so she formed a brilliant, but cruel plan. She poisoned the Fae's water supply with a small potion so their magic couldn't be used then she attacked.

The poisoning alone killed some, mainly children, but it weakend them all desperately. When she sent in her army it only took four days to extinguished an entire race, with my help.

I

haven't seen The Ethereal Lands since that night but time has been kind to the forgotten kingdom. What use to be brimming homes and dwellings are now thick green forest with wild flowers of all colors and sizes running a muck. My memories combat what I'm seeing, blood, death and begging when all I see is life growing, remaking itself. Large mushrooms tower over us, glowing in luminescent yellows and greens. Small critters run on top of them, keeping their distance from the predator they smell within me, much to Thea's heartbreak.

"If just one would come see me they'd know I'd never hurt them."

I look down at Thea who's eyes are glued to the mushroom tops.

"I don't think it's you their scared of, they can smell that I'm different."