Chapter Seventeen

Thea

Zev said he came here for answers and they have to do with me, I have a right to know but I should trust him to tell me.

I do trust him.

I've been alone in the kitchen, pouting, since Zev left. There's a tightness in my chest, it feels wrong to be mad at him. When he gets back I'll be extra nice, I nod my head.

Slightly embarrassed, I creep into the living room. Samira is alone sitting on a large wooden couch that's been covered in silver and gold throws and pillows.

"Samira..." my voice is low, "I'm sorry for being a bad guest. I know you probably think I'm a brat it's just...I think I should have been able to stay. I want to know what's happening too."

"Don't apologize for being mad, I'm always pissy and it's hardly ever justified. Zev will tell you everything I'm sure....it's just alot of what I told him he didn't even know."

"I w-was mean to him."

Theres a small crack in my voice.

"You needn't worry about that! You can do no wrong in his eyes. You're in an incredible situation that you've handled better then anyone else would."

That's not true I've cried at least once a day since I came here. Taking a seat next to Samira, Philipo jumps on her shoulders and curls himself around her neck like a scarf.

"I just don't want to be treated like a child. His protectiveness is good and bad I suppose."

Her laugh startles me, loud and hearty, "You've only been mated for a few weeks, 'little one'."

She says little one in a hilariously deep voice that I think is suppose to sound like Zev's.

"Our type of man only gets more dominant with age in more than one department, if you know what I mean."

She looks at me knowingly. I really don't know what she means.

"Zev is controlling but I like it. Is that what you mean by dominant? If that's the case he can dominate me anytime."

Samira nearly spits out her tea, "I'm sure your wolf will be happy to hear that. You tell him when he gets back it will make him very happy."

"Really?" I cock my head to the side,

"Of course wolves love that shit."

"How do you know so much about wolves."

She purses her plum colored lips, "I like you Thea and God's know I need more female companionship but I can't tell you anything. You need to talk to your wolf first and just know that even when he's being a stubborn ass, he's protecting you."

I look at my feet, "I do know that I just hope he tells me soon."

"If he feels it will put you in danger he won't tell you, no matter what, but there are other ways of getting on your mans good side." M

"L-like how..."

I'm embarrassed I even asked but she's the only female I've met that could be a friend. She narrows her dark eyes at me,

"Haven't you two had sex?"

My eyes enlarge, "Oh no, of course not! We only just met."

My face is bright red.

"Hmm..." She hums, "Have you had sex with anyone, ever."

Embarrassed I shake my head again, "Z-Zev is the first man I've ever done anything with...he's touched me but, I-I want to know how to please him."