Chapter Twenty-Nine

Mature stuff in this chapter

⚠️Mature stuff in this chapter ⚠️

Thea

I push my face deeper into his neck absorbing his comfort like a flower does the sun. His large hands run up and down my back as I remain perched on his hip like a toddler.

Pulling me away from his neck he leans his forehead against mine so we can look into each other eyes. Dark circles haunt his face and his hair is messier then usual. I can see he's tired, exhausted even. I trace under his eyes as if my touch alone will make the stress on his face disappear. He so handsome even tired and stressed he stays bewitching.

Rubbing our noses together he growls deeply, "You can never leave me again. You're going to be stiched to my hip for the rest of eternity."

I nod agreeing with him, being attached to each other sounds fine with me. The sound of clearing throat pulls me out of Zev's dominating orbit. A man with spearmint colored hair stands immobile with a straight humorless face. He's kinda frighting like a statute with following eyes.

"I've placed a vile of leoth on the night table have her take one sip nightly till the vile emptys it will fight any I'll effects that may still linger."

"Ill effects?"

"Nothing to worry about her mind has been steeped in filth this will simply help her body cleanse it self. Since my job is done I must be going."

He gives a small bow before turning his back.

"Wait!" My mouth opens without my permission.

I wiggle in Zev's arms until finally he let's me down.

"Thea."

I ignore him and run up to the man. He has a tall lean build and a slight point to his ears, his eyes are wide and framed with pale almost white lashes.

"Y-You saved me from t-that horrible place?"

"Yes at my King's behest."

Slowly, hesitantly, I wrap my arms around his waist and hug him.

"Thank you, thank you so much."

He stiffens beneath me like he's never received a hug before but eventually wraps his arms awkwardly around me.

"I'm sorry if I held you up please thank your King for me to."

He nods again this time seeming less statue like. Before he leaves he leans down and whispers in my ear.

"I was there once to Fae don't let the demons darkness cling to you I can see you have a bright inner light."

"Alright enough touching and whispering." Zev growls snatching me back into his arms and making me laugh a little.Once the Elf leaves Zev and I are finally alone.