Chapter Twenty-Three

Zev

"What have you done."

I looked into Orion's eyes and saw a madness there I hadn't seen before.

Her blood was dripping down his body and pooling onto the already covered floor but it didnt seem to phase him.

"I have captured a Kingdom."

Thea was breathing heavily behind me, small whimpers leaving her mouth.

"We dear."

Mythic chimed in making him laugh and drop the Queens body to the floor like a rag.

"Sorry love you're right I couldn't have done it without you."

He caresses her face as she leans in to his palm, smearing the dead Queens blood on eachothers skin. Orion knows killing the Queen doesn't make either of them ruler the people would never recognize him or Mythic as a nor would the other Kingdoms. This wasn't about power looking at them now I realize something I should have noticed a long time ago.

"She found out didn't she."

I look at Mythic as I ask this because I think she is the one controlling all of this, Orion is merely a love sick puppy. She's the one that wanted to Thea to stay here and send me away and once that didn't work she sent her creature. The only interest she could have in Thea is her bloodline, which even I didn't know about until a few days ago so how could she?

"Yes, yes she found out. Apparently Knowle my dear husband suspected me all along but couldn't bring himself to terms with it."

She pouts making a fake, ugly face. 

"W-what did she find out." Thea whispers from behind me.

Mythic over hearing wastes no time answering,

"Aww poor little lamb let me fill you in. My husband found out I've been the one experimenting on people and the ingrate turned me in." She scoffs, "No ones loyal anymore."

"Why do all this Mythic what do you gain from killing her. It can't be power you both know the other Kingdoms will not recognize you as a ruler."

"Power?" She spits out the word with venom in her eyes, "This is not about power. This is about returning Fearrow and her people to their true ruler. Abaddon will come devour the weak and rule this world, as it should have been centuries ago. The Bedlam grew greedy and betrayed my master, she wanted power only for herself and she paid the price. I will not make the same mistake this is my purpose."

She speaks with strong belief there's no doubt in her eyes or her words. Abaddon is rumored to be one of the great rulers of Duat, a king of the place demons call home. None have been able to confirm this because demons can't live on our plane long, even possessing another being.

All those people were killed in her experiments because she was trying to find a body strong enough to withstand joining with Abaddon. Becoming one with a being here would mean he could stay, forever.

"You have to know that would never work Mythic. A demon has no soul nothing it could merge with making soul magic useless. You have betrayed you Queen and sold your soul for nothing, just empty promises from an unreachable deity."

"You know," she smiles, "I was starting to believe that myself until your little fairy showed up. Oh don't look so surprised Thea, he talks to me you know, Abaddon, whispers the secrets of the world in my ear he knew who you were before you did. The last of the Fairies or one half of them." She cackles.

Speaking across realms takes alot of magic. The last witch to do it slaughtered an entire race. I never thought of Duat in much depth, it was always a story told to children to scare them into behaving but now it could become a reality. Mythic is to confident for it all to be bluster. Thea and her brother's arrival have somehow completed the puzzle of Abaddons resurrection.