Chapter Twenty-two

Thea

I blissfully follow my wolf through the woods as we make our way back to the Night Isles.

We didn't have sex, though I wanted to. Zev says when he takes me for the first time it will be in his home or our home as he calls it. Zev paces around me obsessively in his wolf form checking our surroundings.

Neither of us know why touching the crown brought back the memories it did but they were there now, playing on repeat in my head again and again. I mourn more of what I could have had then anything else. The rest is just details, I can't wrap my head around what it means to a fairy naybe with all my magic drained I'm simply human now so it means nothing. But the remains a small light in all this.

I have brother.

I don't know if Rhett will believe that we're related, let alone that we shared a womb, but I'm hopeful.

My mind is burning with questions, eager to push themselves into the world and be heard. How did he live past that night as an infant, what happened to our father, was Rhett raised by one of our parents, is our father out there somewhere? I could just collapse thibking of it all. Rhett may not know more then I do but we'll still have each other and that is surely a gift.

"Zev, will you turn back now? I have questions."

Wolfie huffs through his nose, annoyed to be sent away so I motion for him to lean down and place a kiss on his muzzle.

"I'm sorry to send you away."

He licks my face making me laugh before the snapping of bones brings Zev back to me. He breaths heavily throwing on some trousers and leaning down licking my cheek again.

"Eww, Zev!" I smack him away as he laughs.

"If my wolf can lick you so can I."

"No it's gross when you do it, with wolfie it's natural."

"Gross." He sounds astounded, "GROSS!"

He tackles me to the ground taking the brunt of the fall so I land on his chest. To quickly for me to follow, he flips us around so I'm caged underneath him.

"Calling your mate gross."

He growls lowly into my neck making my skin hyper aware of who is near. Slowly. He drags his tongue across my mark causing me to shiver in delight.

"Is it still gross little one."

I want to tell him yes just because I'm stubborn but I want him to continue more than I want to be right, so wisely I keep quiet. He keeps lapping at my neck with the occasional nip to keep me in a state of perpetual satisfaction.

"See my little wolf? Licking isn't so bad and there are others places I could lick you that would feel far better."

Now I do laugh pushing him away, "You're always so dirty, bad wolf." I scowl.

He looks down at me softly, the only time he ever looks soft is when he looks at me. Placing a small kiss on my nose he lifts us up, "I love you little wolf."

It feels good to hear someone say that.

He loves me.

And he shows it.

With me every touch and protective growl I'm reminded that I am his as much as he is mine. I take in his slate gray eyes and kiss the bottom of his chin.

"I love you too."

~~~~~

It takes us longer then it should to get to the Inraidan sea. This is the sea we crossed the first time to get to the Night Isle's. This time no one is waiting for us so Zev barter's with a fisherman for a small worn boat we can use to cross the 10 mile stretch of ocean that separates us from them.