Chapter Seven

Thea

I woke up to the scent of pine, sleepily, I follow the smell nuzzling closer.

As my eyes open I see the cords of Zev's neck if I wanted I could kiss him by just leaning forward.

My head is curled up on his arm. I must have decided to use his arm as a pillow during the night. But I wasn't the only one who liked to cuddle in my sleep. The weight of Zev's arm around my waist leaves a warm trail on my skin.

I wanted to stay here in this spoy, stay warm and safe but the real world would come crashing in today. I couldn't hide away for any longer. Scooting out from under his arm as delicately as I can I roll out of the bed only freezing when he begins to stir. His eyebrows scrunch together before he rolls back over and continues sleeping. Stretching slowly I loosen my tight limbs and decided to be helpful by making him breakfast.

His kitchen is small and mostly empty but I'm able to find eggs, bread and what I suspect is bacon, the bigger problem is starting a fire in the fireplace since he has no stove, maybe no one here does?

Who knows.

There's a small pile of logs in the corner so I begin there.

I heave again grunting as I pull as hard as I can with no luck. Planting my hands on my hips I stop to think.

The logs, like everything on this planet, are massive and I am to small to pick it up. I tried to get my arms around any of them but they don't reach, and it's so so heavy!

"Stupid wood!"

I give the pile a hard kick, that'll teach it.

All of a sudden the logs begin to move and shake...Oh god. Before I can run away they all start crashing down around me. I thrown my hands over my head trying to protect myself. One of the smashes on to my head, my arms taking the brunt of it but I can't  stop the scream that leaves my throat.  Pain I gulfs my senses, blood trickles down my arms and onto my face. The gash on my arm is long but no deep. That doesn't stop the tears that blur my vision and small sobs from leaving my throat.

Looking around the room I immediately go to call out to Zev but the front door is thrown open at the same time. Zev jumps up from the bed, alarm clear in his eyes. A man with white hair and purple armor stands in the doorway with a sword drawn. The man looks at me once them completely dissmisses me.

"What's going on here dog I heard the screams!"

One second he's in bed and the next he's standing infront of me, blocking me from the mans view.

"LEAVE NOW BEFORE I TEAR OUT YOUR THROAT."

He roars so loudly I have to cover my ears.

The man must be crazy because he trys to reason with Zev, "We are here-."

"LEAVE OR I KILL YOU ALL NOW."

Finally realizing Zev is quite
serious the man turns to leave,

"We'll be waiting outside dog."

He slams the door shut leaving me and Zev alone. My is still bleeding and I have been crying for some time now but Zev stays frozen, looking at the door.

His shoulders rise and fall rapidly like he's trying not to go crazy. Spinning around he stomps over to me and crouches down his eyes going straight my arm and the pile of fallen logs around me.

"What were we doing Thea."

His voice is low, dangerous.

"I-I was t-trying to m-make b-breakfast."