Chapter Fourteen

What p.o.v do you like more Thea's or Zev's. Do you prefer the chapters to be broken up into both of their P.o.v's like I've been doing or do you want 1 P.o.v per chapter? Please let me know! 🙏

~~~~~~

Zev

I was in a cell alone.

Where was my little fae?

Fear punches me in the gut, an uncomfortable feeling. I've never had a reason to be scared before.

But now there was Thea, she could be hurt so easily in so many ways.

"GOD'S ALMIGHTY" I scream.

I run to the bars of my cell, ripping them off like crumped paper. They thought they could take her from me? Lock me in a fucking cage?

They would all die.

She was down here somewhere, even in this filth her sweet scent called out to me but someone else was down here. Stomping down the hall I run to the sound of footsteps, I'll rip their the heads off for this.

Rounding the corner I grab the man bu his throat before he knows what's hit him and dig my claws into him.

"Wait, wait, it's me."

Rhett, Thea's friend. I still may kill him, he is their second in command.

"Why shouldn't I rip your head off."

"I came as soon as I heard what happened, I didn't know they were going to do that. Is Thea okay?"

I can smell panic on him and I don't think it's because he's lying, he seems genuinely worried about her. I debate it for a second before shoving him away and continuing to follow her scent.

How deep in this hell-hole did they put her?

Running to the last cell in this maze of cages, I finally find my fae and my stomach drops.

She's laying on the cement floor unmoving. I can hear her heart and see her chest rise and fall in small shallow breaths. Taking down the cage door I pull her into my lap. I gently brush her hair from her face, cupping her cheek.

There's blood on her mouth and the ground around her like she been puking it up. My control is losing with each second. What did they do to her? How could I not protect her.

I can't stop the whimper that leaves my throat, she won't open her eyes.

"What did they do?"

I had forgotten Rhett was here.

"I don't fucking know! Your fuck of a council knocked me out!"

My wolf was rabid now.

"Okay lay her down, I have some medical experience, none with her species, but she's similar to us."

I lay her down gently, ignoring my instinct to keep her in my arms and tear out his throat. He quickly gets to work, checking her pulse and feeling for broken bones.