Not Too Late

Nia hated it

Nia hated it. She hated the distance between her and Bellamy. It was like they were scared to actually feel for the other. The night sky didn't comfort Nia anymore either. Now it seemed to just be a reminder of the kiss they shared that night.

The more time passed by the more Nia got more frustrated. This wasn't suppose to happen to them. Nia blamed the many tasks she was doing but she knew that wasn't true.

So when Abby had assembled a team to find a way of transporting bigger tasks she saw an opportunity. Her and Bellamy would be on the team along with Raven, Monty, Octavia and a few others. Even with the others going she knew she would be able to speak with him.

But the morning of she set out to locate him to talk with him. She found him in the mess hall and he wasn't alone. A brunette spoke with him. Nia's stomach dropped when she saw him smile at something she said. Maybe she was too late. Maybe he was moving on.

She wanted to move, to not watch them become closer but it was like she was frozen. Forced to watch him turn his back on her. Forced to see him move on while she was left in despair.

Raven was the one who pulled her out of her daze. Together the two entered the mess hall and toward the couple. Each step felt like a punch to Nia's gut.

"Bellamy, you ready to go?" Raven was the one to speak as Nia choose to look elsewhere.

Bellamy's gaze kept shifting to her as he wondered why she was acting so weird but didn't question with the others presence.

"I should be asking you?" He said trying to keep his mind off the girl beside Raven but not doing so well.

"Hi." The brunette greeted hoping to get Nia's attention. She hadn't met them as they manly choose to stick to themselves. "I'm Gina."

Nia's attention went to her as she realized she was speaking with her. The two beside them looked at them uncertainly wondering how she might react. But surprising them all she greeted her back.

"Nia." She spoke her name. It was silent as no one knew what to say next. Luckily, Jade had called for Nia from the door that would lead them to the outside.

She gave them one last look which lingered on Bellamy for a moment before she made her way over to the girl. They spoke quietly among themselves as the three watched from afar for a moment.

Raven and Gina began to speak with each other not paying attention to Bellamy, whose gaze was focused on Nia. He knew Jade wanted to come along but Nia hadn't allowed it. She wanted the girl's training to get better before she would let her venture off. Not long after they were called to the front gate.

Octavia stood ready at the gate excited to be leaving for awhile. Monty and Nathan Miller stood side by side waiting for them to arrive. According to Bellamy, Nathan was a good soldier they should have with them. Nia had already gotten Abby and Marcus to agree to their rules of engagement, seeing how they would be carrying weapons.