Hopeful Or Hopeless

"Everywhere I looked, there were fins

"Everywhere I looked, there were fins. And teeth. And blood. I knew if they saw me, I'd be next, so I just floated there, waiting, praying they'd swim on. But they didn't."

Most of the group's attention was focused on girl who was telling the story in front of the room. Everyone drawn into her details.

"She's here. Maybe she changed her mind." Bellamy called out to the group as he and Clarke approached her.

"The boat's return at nightfall. Then you leave. Forever." Luna offered simply. She happened to glance over to the others who remained in their seats and her eyes settled on Jade. The girl's attention seemed to be centered on the story being told as she loved to let her imagination flow with it.

"Luna, let us explain." Clarke tried to inform further. To them Luna was their last chance at winning a war that they had no idea how to fight.

"I said no." Luna replied back not wanting to continue to discuss her becoming the commander.

"No, you need to hear this." Bellamy words caused Luna to halted as she turned to listen to him. "There is something out there that is going to destroy us all."

"Whatever it is, it can't reach us here." Luna responded convinced in her ways. Without waiting for them to respond Luna walked toward the rest of the group. "We need to talk." She spoke directly toward Octavia and Fox.

"That's my cue." Jasper commented as he got up to leave.

That left them with Jade who was too engrossed into the story than to notice what anyone else was doing.

In Luna's hand was two journals similar to each other. "I'd thought you'd want this back." She helped each to them. Both were Lincoln's journals but she couldn't tell which one belonged with which girl but they were able to tell them apart as they grabbed their own from her.

"It's actually Jade's but thanks." Fox stated as she placed the journal beside the small girl beside her.

"Thank you." Octavia said as she grabbed her own. "And my sword?"

"Your weapons will be on the boat." Luna commented as her rules stood.

"Well. So much for the great Luna, the savior of those in need." Octavia responded in spite.

"You don't want saving. You want someone to fight with you." Luna stated at Octavia's attitude.

"Damn right, we're at war. Luna, you can't just ignore that. Lincoln would have wanted you to help us." Octavia fired back not seeing why she wouldn't fight for her people.

"By becoming commander? I don't think so. Lincoln and Nia knew our rules. We take people in who are done fighting. Done killing. Look at you. Fighting is all you know. Death is all you know. They both respected that and would have never brought that here." Luna replied back. She had known the siblings longer than they have and she felt that they had both respected her way of life especially after all they had endured. She knew a part of them wanted to live their lives without having to fight but that option never seemed to be in the cards for them.