Accepting

Nia was tired

Nia was tired. She was tired from all the fighting she had done, not only against those ALIE had sent up but throughout her life. For her whole life, fighting was all she had ever done. It was their way of life. But she sat in wait for the next attack to come she took the time to think about her life.

Since the first attack, ALIE had sent in more groups but each one cut down like the last. After the third, ALIE saw to it to come in armed but that option was pointless and Nia continued to kill them. This option only allowed her access to weapons more weapons.

But it had been several minutes since the last attack and Nia watched the door carefully. Her father had taught her to be a strong warrior and time after time she had proved how strong she was. But now as the world seem to crumble around her, she wondered how much longer she could actually fight.

She had lost Alec. Then Lexa. Her girls were out there somewhere and the thought of it made her uneasy. She had wanted to leave the tower and find them but each time she had tried she would always have to retreat back.

She wondered what might've happened if her life was slightly different. If her father wasn't a true warrior as he was. If she had allowed Lexa to attack the 100 when they landed. Even if she shouldn't have left after the battle against the mountain. How would her life had been different? Would she still have gotten together with Bellamy? Would she even have a child?

She wanted nothing more than for her life to be different. For her not to rely solely on the sword in her hand. To not have the ghosts follow behind after every kill. But this was her life. She had to fight.

ALIE was getting more and more angered at Nia's fight against her. They were losing more lives sending people in to retrieve her. They had even tried to gas her only for her to move fast and throw the cans out the window. Nothing ALIE could do seem to stop Nia. The only way Nia would accept is if she gave up completely. It had taken ALIE a moment to think of an option for them just when the many attacks her came.

First was Clarke and the others trying to get Luna to take the Flame. Then it was Raven hacking into her system from Arkadia. And finally John Murphy leading Indra and Pike to her core.

But she was able to defeat each attack using those who had accepted the chip keeping their mission in place. If only one of them moved faster or ignored all the ALIE programs that prevented them from shutting her down then they would have their lives back.

With all attacks against her ceasing her focus went back to Nia. Even thought the others location was no longer imperative she still found an assest in Nia. She was a leader. With her by their side they could get even more to accept without hesitation. They just needed her to take the chip. They needed another approach. Looking around her ALIE was able to find a way to Nia.

"Nia." A voice called out to her as her hand went to her sword. She needed to be ready for an attack that might come at her.

But as the person stepped out it of the doorway Nia was able to see who it was. Marcus Kane. The sight of him made her stomach unsettling. He was suppose to be with the others in the cave away from Polis. What was he doing here?