IM Ruined

super short update tonight guys. sorry, i'm so tired. i didn't sleep at all last night, (insomnia) and it's definitely taking its toll on me now. I hope you like it anyway. i also realized that if harry had called louis' mobile directly he would have already known the number. for the sake of the plot, just know that the dating website they are using offers video/voice chatting as well as IMing.

It's seven in the morning when Louis finally turns his phone back on.

He's got twenty five missed texts from all the boys, ten of which are from Harry, sixteen missed calls from all the boys as well as Lou and some security guy, nine of which are from Harry. He's got three voice-mails, two of which are from Harry.

He decides to read the text messages first.

From: H.

louis??? where did you go?

Louis?

louis if you dont answer me im telling liam

i told liam

lou im sorry

i dont know where you are and im scared

why didnt you ever tell me? louis.. we need to talk about this

liam called you

pick up louis

come back to me, louis

Louis bites his lip and decides to ignore all of them, rubbing at his tired eyes as he scrolls through all of his texts, most of them filled with exclamation points and sad faces until he sighs and puts his face in his hands.

He doesn't know what to do next. 

"Hey, Lou. I, uh- I can't find you.. Liam's here with me, we're both walking around the floors.. the lady at the front desk said she hasn't seen you. Look, I know you're mad at me but could you please just pick up your phone? We're worried sick."

"Louis. It's three in the morning. Where the hell are you? This is ridiculous. Come back. Don't run away from your problems."

Niall curses him out via voice-mail and Zayn leaves him a long message about how he's proud of Louis. He then leaves another ten second one telling him to come back. Louis throws his phone across the room, making sure it lands on a chair and not shattered against a wall before he groans into his pillow again. 

He stays like that for a few minutes, trying to figure out what to say or what to do next. Should he just show up at the hotel like nothing happened? Should he have Eleanor drive him back? Should he just stay here until someone comes to get him? Eleanor isn't even awake yet, Louis can't hear her bustling around in her kitchen at the moment..

Liam has sent him texts pleading with him, too; Louis can still hear his phone buzzing from where he discarded it. 

Suddenly, it hits him. 

He sits up quickly, walking over and grabbing the phone off the chair before eagerly opening up the dating app and scrolling through his contacts until he lands on Harry's.

He doesn't know why he thinks this is going to help in any way, but, he doesn't really care at the moment because he needs to talk to his best friend without actually talking to him, considering the fact that said best friend is pissed at Louis and now knows that Louis actually wants to snog the living daylights out of him.

It's not a big deal.

Anna: hi, i need to talk to someone. u there?

It's not.

Harvey: always.