IM Confused

double update can i hear a woop woop

Louis freezes completely, heart slamming in his chest as he stands completely still. Harry's movements cease and Louis can tell he's about to pull away so he quickly wraps his arms around Harry's neck and holds him close. Harry's own arms wrap around Louis' waist and Louis sighs through his nose, this obviously must be a dream. 

It doesn't feel like a dream when Harry shoves Louis into the wall more until Louis' back thumps against the solid barrier and Harry begins to nip at the flesh of Louis' lower lip, but Louis supposes it could just be a pretty fucking excellent dream. 

Their kiss is messy and Louis is tugging at Harry's curls with his fingers while they test each other's boundaries, Harry curiously poking his tongue against Louis' lower lip after a few moments; and who could resist that. 

Louis is very much aware of how loud they're being, Harry's fucking moaning and it's so hot that Louis' starting to harden in his trousers again. Damn it.

"Erm.. Harry?"

Harry immediately pulls away from Louis, who nearly collapses again, and turns to face the intruder; Niall.

"Shit, hi, Niall," Harry says pleasantly as if they've been apart for a few hours, "Um. What's up?"

Niall looks between Harry, who is now standing about halfway across the room from Louis, and then over to Louis' face. He's sure it's flushed and he's also pretty sure he's about to die because now that he's kissed Harry he wants to do it again, he really wants to do it right now. He wants to chuck a shoe at Niall's head for interrupting them while he's at it.

"If you two are gonna fuck-"

"What? No," Harry interrupts Niall, cheeks hot enough to roast marshmallows over. "We were just.. exchanging.. saliva."

"What the fuck?" Louis blurts, and Harry gives him a look that Louis takes as 'shut the fuck up before I push you out the window', so he stays quiet. "Oh. Sorry. Yeah. For science."

"For science," Niall repeats, and it's obvious he doesn't buy it in the slightest but Louis thanks God that Niall must be in a good mood today because he lets it drop, instead asking the two of them to return to the room so they can begin to pack their things to leave the hotel since they will be returning to the bus after the night's show.

When Louis returns to his room, Harry follows him in and shuts the door behind them. Louis begins to shove things into his bag randomly, not bothering to fold anything or organize the thing at all; Harry cringes.

"What?" he snaps, looking at Harry with raised eyebrows; Harry raises his hands in surrender and walks over to a discarded sock before gently tucking it in one of the side pockets on the bag.

After a few minutes of awkwardness, Louis finally slams the top down on the suitcase and turns to Harry, "For science?"

"Look, I didn't know what else to say - I don't even know what just happened," Harry says, looking at his feet as he bites his slightly swollen lips. A rush of pride flows through Louis, but he shoots it back down. Harry is straight.

"I do. We were talking, you pushed me against a wall, and then you decided to snog me. And what a time, Harry, after you just found out I was in love with you. Doesn't that seem a bit cruel, especially because of your new girlfriend - no Harry, let me finish - for you to just kiss me like that? It's like giving a ball of yarn to a cat but then pulling it away at the last moment," Louis is kind of pissed now, but, like. Can you really blame him?

"Lou, I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me," Harry mumbles, staring at his feet still. Louis sighs and runs a hand down his face tiredly. It's only been a few minutes since he's gotten back, he still has to talk to Paul, he still needs to talk to Zayn, he still needs to call Eleanor, he still needs to shower and get  his hair done, he still needs to put on a show. Harry is not helping him at all, kissing him against walls and shit.

"I'm confused," Harry admits and Louis opens his mouth to speak, but Harry raises a finger to his mouth to shush him. Louis fights the urge to suck the finger into his mouth. Now is not the time for such dirty fantasies. "About myself."

Harry sits down on the edge of the bed, head in his hands. "Like. When you told me, I didn't feel disgusted or weirded out.. I just felt.. relieved. Like, I don't even know, sort of like a part of me was hoping you would. Which is weird, because, I like girls, no offense. I'm not really into dicks, mate, I don't know why but in that hallway when you were laughing I just - I wanted to kiss you so badly. So I did. And I know Lou, I know it was selfish and I know I'm toying with your emotions but. I promise, it was a one time thing. A mistake."

Louis presses his lips into a thin line. Harry gets up and walks out. Again.

Several hours later when they're on stage and they've just finished performing Strong, Harry is wiping the sweat from his brow with his t-shirt and Louis gets a glimpse of his stomach and his chest. It makes his heart ache, because he really wants to feel himself be hugged against that chest again. He really wants Harry, as much as he'd like to pretend he's still mad about earlier. It had delighted him more than anything, to be honest, not that Harry had to know that. He didn't really know what this meant for the two of them but he assumed they would just pretend like the past two days had never happened. He also wasn't sure how he felt about that.

I promise, it was a one time thing. A mistake.