IM Forgiven

hi. I learned a valuable lesson today; mustard is disgusting. never try to eat mustard. never accept stupid dares. mustard is evil, I'm convinced that Satan himself created the recipe. Does anyone even like mustard?? I'm gonna try to do a double update tonight but that might not happen if I decide to go to the gym again. On Saturday I'm leaving for a vacation and pre-writing chapters can get annoying, I often struggle when I try to cram a lot of writing into a small period of time so I won't be updating every day during my vacation. I'm going to stop talking now.

Harry is really smug about this whole 'girlfriend' thing.

"Hey, Niall. Can you trade spots with me? I want to take a picture of that to send to my girlfriend."

"Zayn, are you going to see your girlfriend? Having a girlfriend is sick, isn't it?"

"I wonder what my girlfriend is doing right now."

"Liam, how's your girlfriend doing? My girlfriend is doing great."

Louis seems to be the only one Harry has decided not to taunt, and rightfully so. Harry's probably worried that Louis is going to jump up and tackle him to the ground if he dare mention the name Anna in Louis' presence, so Harry always tones it down. Instead of talking about Anna, they talk about nothing. In fact, they don't talk at all.

Once the European leg of the tour is over and the group is flying to South America, Louis has had enough. Harry's awkwardly leaned away from Louis, trying to sleep with no support on his part and looking very uncomfortable while doing so. Louis doesn't know why Harry had insisted on letting Louis have the window seat, he doesn't know why Harry even sat next to him at all. It's not like they're on a full flight; the only other people on the plane are their team and the other boys. 

"Harry," Louis jabs Harry's arm. Harry flinches but doesn't open his eyes, leaning further away from Louis. Louis sighs and turns to face Harry in his seat, unbuckling his seat belt and putting a hand on Harry's shoulder. One of Harry's eyes opens as he peeks at Louis like a child.

"What?" Harry asks.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to sleep-"

"No, what are you doing," Louis shakes his head and he knows Harry understands what he means because he bites his lower lip and straightens up, gently nudging Louis' hand off his shoulder. Louis lets the hand fall to his lap limply and stares at Harry was he waits.

"I'm leaving you alone," Harry says quietly, picking at the padding of the seat he's sat on.

Louis frowns at him, though Harry doesn't take notice, "We need to talk about this. Communication is key."

"Yeah, well, last time we tried to talk about something we ended up snogging in a hotel hallway."

"And whose fault is that?" Louis snaps; Harry winces. "Sorry."

"It's alright, I get that you're still mad at me," Harry argues and stares blankly past Louis, pretending to look at the sky outside with the utmost of care and interest.

"I'm not mad, not anymore," Louis mutters. 

Harry shakes his head before he speaks, "This isn't us, Louis; we aren't supposed to be caught up in this.. drama. Especially not because of a girl."

"Can we just pretend none of this ever happened? Please? I miss my best friend," Harry adds and Louis' heart swells just a little; of course he wishes he could forget, but he and Harry both know that he can't. He decides to let it go, just this once, but only because he misses Harry too. 

Harry and Harvey are like two different people; one is the Harry he knows, one is a Harry who tries desperately hard to be someone he's not. Louis doesn't know if he will ever be able to love Harvey the way he loves Harry, it's hard to remember that it's the same person some times. He wonders if Harry would feel the same way about him if the roles were reversed. 

"Yeah, sure," he forces a smile, knows Harry can tell that it's fake. Harry wiggles around until he pressed up against Louis' side, smiling in his face like a goof. 

"Erm.. misters before sisters? No.. that one doesn't work," Harry tries, and that's enough to make Louis chuckle.

"What about.. what is it? Oh, yeah. 'Bros before hos'?"

"No, I don't like that one," Harry says seriously. "It's rude."

Louis laughs out loud at that, earning a dirty look from a now awake Liam two seats away. "Of course, Hazza."

"I'm serious!" Harry struggles with his words through his outraged tone, "Girls are not 'hos', they are girls. They're women. Human beings, Lou, not gardening tools."

"I think the gardening tool is actually hoe. Spelled h-o-e. Not h-o," Louis states matter-of-factly, sticking his tongue out when Harry pokes him in the stomach.

"Whatever, hug time," Harry dismisses the topic and practically lays on top of Louis for a 'hug' that's actually more of Harry crushing Louis with his body weight. Louis grunts and shoves at Harry weakly before he starts dramatically panting, throwing his head back against the seat.

"Head spinning - room slowly getting darker," he chokes, and Harry pulls away with a devlish smirk on his face. Louis presses his thumb into one of Harry's dimples and cackles when Harry slaps his hand away, because finally, things are beginning to go back to normal.

Kind of.