IM Better

final chapter *cries a lot*

but for like the nineteenth time, yes, i'm doing a sequel. it will probably be much longer than this story was. 

would you rather me post the sequel tonight or tomorrow? if i post it tonight you will have to wait a day longer for new material but if that doesn't matter to you, then I don't know. or care. comment on this line of text if you have a preference.

alsoo, i'd love to talk to you guys while I'm on my trip and after school since I won't be updating as often with school starting. if you have kik, comment on this line of text (or just below) with your username if you'd like to talk. because I need more friends. yeah.

the sequel is called 'Caught' (bc you catch fish.. like.. yeah.. I'm not very creative sorry) and it will look exactly like Catfish does cover-wise but the bubbles will be green instead of blue and so will the text. you'll know it when you see it.

but, don't delete this from your libraries just yet - i'll post an author's note later on regarding more about the sequel and its content. thank you so much for your support so far, and please do enjoy this final chapter!

___________

"Louis, Louis; over here!"

"Louis, can you confirm the romance going on between Harry and Colette Evanson?"

"Louis! Smile for the camera!"

"Louis, is it true that you and Eleanor are having a secret fling?"

"Look over here, Louis!"

"Louis, answer some questions for us!"

There are lights flashing everywhere around Louis; he can barely see. He's walking hurriedly back to their stadium with a cup of tea in hand - he had insisted - and security isn't doing a great job of keeping the paparazzi at a reasonable distance. He stares at his feet and squints at the pavement, trying not to trip over anyone or anything. 

It's the only part of being Louis Tomlinson that he hates. 

To top things off, there are crowds of screaming girls waiting for him at his destination. They're deafening; Louis' head is throbbing. He feels suffocated and overwhelmed by the flashing, the people, the noise. Four years is not nearly enough time to adjust to having everyone's eyes trained on him. 

He makes it into the building alive, luckily, catches his breath and sits down gratefully in the first chair he lays eyes on. His tea has gone cold, but it's still nice to feel the familiarity of it slide down his throat and help soothe his frazzled nerves. He can barely think. 

"Did you get swarmed?" Niall asks, tapping away at his phone screen. Louis thinks he has a new girlfriend, but he's not sure. He never bothers to ask anymore. 

"Yeah, a lil'," Louis sighs, checking his own phone; only two text messages from Eve and one from Lottie, asking him to bring her something from America for when he visits home. He's thankful he turned Twitter notifications off a long time ago, because God knows it only takes once to realize what a mistake leaving them on is. "But, hey. Part of the job description."

"Did you know Pez and Col are coming to the show tonight?" Niall says casually, and Louis would splutter on his tea if he hadn't already become accustomed to Niall's stupid nickname for Colette. 

Harry and Colette had been seeing each other from time to time due to her convenient residence in America (Louis swears she's only renting that apartment in Brooklyn because of Harry, he knows she doesn't actually live in America) and for some reason, she and Niall had hit it off. And Louis does not understand why. 

"Uh," Louis stumbles, "No, no I didn't. Why are they coming?"

"Dunno. I guess they were both free and decided to meet up, or somethin'."

"Oh, cool." Boring. Louis doesn't care. He wouldn't mind seeing Perrie, though, it's been a while. Colette; well, she was Colette. Louis and Colette weren't exactly on the best terms, he thinks, and she knows. 

"Yeah. Like a girlfriend reunion." Niall has no filter. Every time someone refers to Colette as Harry's girlfriend, Louis wants to throw up. In fact, he thinks he should excuse himself to go do that right now. 

"They're not even that serious though, Harry and Colette," Louis scoffs, trying to shoot his cup into the garbage can like a basketball and failing. It bounces off the side and rolls a few feet away. Louis huffs.

"I dunno, Lou. They've been pretty.. clingy." Louis is pretty sure Niall is actually trying to take a selfie, not checking his Twitter. 

"W'dya mean?" Louis asks just as he sees Harry walking toward them from the kitchen. He smiles brightly and waves at Louis when their eyes meet, but Louis can only return the gesture with a fake grin and a thumbs up. He hates his life.

"They Skype, like, every night. Or talk on the phone. And they're always texting, it's sickening; when they visit, Harry never stops whining about her after she leaves. Sharing a room with that idiot is the worst decision I ever made. Next tour leg, you bunk with him," Niall rants, and Louis throws a decorative pillow at him as Harry gets closer and closer.

"Hey boys," he greets, grabbing Louis' hand and pulling him from his chair. Louis' brow furrows in confusion as Harry sits down instead, at least until Harry pulls Louis back down onto his lap with an oof as Louis' weight falls against Harry's chest. "How are we doing today? Lou, how was the tea run?"

"Dandy, Haz. Got you some coffee; black," Louis smiles, and it's for real this time because Harry's arms are wrapped around his waist and he can't help but pretend this actually means something. Harry's eyes immediately brighten. "I drank it."

"Louis," Harry groans, "What was the point in telling me that anyway, then?"

"It's the thought that counts."

"Yeah, whatever," Harry rolls his eyes, and Louis traces his fingers against one of Harry's tattoos absentmindedly as he begins to ramble about his plans for after the show with Colette. Zayn is apparently tagging along, and Louis is nodding frequently until Harry jabs him in the ribs.

"Lou? Did you hear what I just said?"

"Huh?" Louis blurts smoothly, then; "No."

Harry rolls his eyes again, but it's so fond that Louis wants to rip his own heart out. It would be less painful than that. "I asked you if you wanted to come with us. You can bring Niall."

"Go out with you and Colette? No, thanks, I'll pass," he mutters quietly. Harry sighs and takes Louis' hand is his own. 

"Louis, I have something to tell you. Don't freak out, please. Everyone already knows but.. I was nervous about telling you."

Louis is suddenly very worried. "What? Are you alright? Oh God, you don't have cancer, do you-"

"No!" Harry smiles, "No, no. Nothing like that. Silly boy."

Louis pretends he didn't blush. "Oh. What is it, then? You can tell me, Haz."

Harry fiddles with his hand for a few seconds before he speaks again. "So, you know how Colette and I have been going out for a few months now? And you know how she's looking for a permanent residence outside of Barcelona while she looks for a job?"

Louis' face is already drained of color. "Harry.."

"Well," Harry swallows, "Colette and I; we're moving in together."