IM Social

hi. i just had a smoothie. it was very stawberry-y. three more chapters (maybe four idk) til the end. my fanfic rank is 80 right now and im trying REALLY hard to get it up to 50 by the time i'm finished with this book. i usually go up six or seven spots every day but if you can please continue to leave votes and your thoughts that would help me out loads, and i'd love you forever <<<333

did you see all the Nelena stuff that went down on Twitter? I don't think I'd ever ship 'Nelena' (because Niaily is a real fucking thing) but what 'bout you guys? maybe if Nemi were real i'd ship it. i love demi lovato. 

______________

"So then, I went to eat some watermelon, but the watermelon was gone!" Louis exclaims into the phone.

"Uh-huh," Eleanor sounds bored. Louis is lying on his bed with his legs against the wall and his head down in the middle of the mattress. He huffs. They arrived in North America a few hours ago and Louis is tired. Eleanor isn't a good conversationalist; then again, he has to remember the fact that it's the early morning hours in London.

"Do you know how to say anything but 'uh-huh'?"

"Uh-huh."

"Eleanor!"

"What?" she hisses. "I can't help it, you never tell interesting stories!" 

"My stories are very interesting," Louis defends, sitting up and banging his head on the bunk above him. He winces. "See what you do?"

"Uh-huh."

"Fuck you," he spits, and before she can say 'uh-huh' or anything in response, he hangs up and lightly tosses his mobile on the pillow. He stares at his feet for a few seconds before he remembers the girl at the club whose number he had finally put in his phone earlier that day. 

He chants her number in his head as he opens the dial pad, just to make sure his number would show up as 'unknown' on her screen. Louis doesn't trust a random girl not to give out his number to the world, in fact, he probably shouldn't even be doing this at all.

It rings a few times and just as Louis is sure it's going to voice-mail, he hears the click signalling someone has picked up on the other end. "Hello?"

"Um. Hi," Louis grunts.

"Who is this?" the girl asks, her voice groggy and thick. Louis is really insensitive when it comes to time differences, he realizes. "How did you get my number?"

"It's Louis. You know, the one from the nightclub," he bites his thumbnail anxiously. It's silent on the other end for a few seconds.

"Oh, yeah! Hi Louis," she sounds much more awake now, "Are you aware that it's almost three in the morning here?"

"Yes, very much so. I just - I forgot. Where are you?"

"Oxford. Where are you?"

"Los Angeles. Um. I'm not sure why I called. I just wanted to talk to someone and I.. I can hang up if you want, let you get some rest," Louis feels incredibly embarrassed right now. "Wait, what's your name again?"

The girl laughs, and it's a beautiful sound. Almost as beautiful as Harry's. "Eve. And, it's not a problem. It's not like I have anything to do tomorrow anyway. Just got back from holiday, actually, that's where we met. You could probably tell that I wasn't from the area, though."

"Yeah, yeah. Actually, don't remember most of what happened after I got in that club."

"You were pretty hammered," Eve laughs again. She's too happy for a person who got woken up at three in the morning by a random celebrity who had possibly given her the worst first impression ever. "You told me to call you.. Anna?"

Louis' cheeks heat. "Oh, yeah.. it's a long story."

"Well, I've got time. And apparently, so do you."

"Why don't we talk a bit more about ourselves first, yeah?" Louis asks nervously, because he will never tell another living soul that he doesn't trust with his life about Harry and Anna. Never.

She seems to be thinking, because she's quiet, but Louis can hear the rustling that's probably coming from her sitting up in bed. "Yeah, 'course. I'm Eve. I'm twenty three.. I live in Oxford, obviously. I'm working in a veternarian's office. Right now, I'm just a secretary, but I've got a degree. Hopefully I'll be able to find something better eventually, but. I have two cats, uh.. I live with my mum," she chuckles. "Well, my mum lives with me. We're very close, so she moved into my apartment. She also just went through a divorce, so, that's probably the actual reason why.. anyway, I like chocolate ice cream more than vanilla, I don't have a boyfriend, and I think you're an amazing artist. You won't be able to tell me much about yourself that I won't already know." 

Louis is smiling now, even though it's small. "Well then, I'll just have to tell you the things that no one knows."

"Like what?"

"Hmm," Louis hums, tapping his foot against the wall, "I've never had a churro in my entire life."

"Never? How can you be as big as you are and never gotten the opportunity to try a churro?" Eve seems personally offended that Louis has never tried a churro before, and it's both amusing and endearing.

"It's not that I've never gotten the opportunity. They just seem.. weird. I have no desire to try a churro."

"Really?" she asks, exhaling heavily. "They're quite delicious, actually."

"What even are they? I don't get it."

"They're like.. fried dough."

"Why would I want to eat fried dough? That sounds repulsive," Louis snorts, and Eve giggles on the other end - actually fucking giggles. Louis' smile widens.

"Hey, don't bash it until you try it."

"Alright, how about this: I'll eat a churro if you promise to call me back tomorrow," Louis says, holding his breath as he patiently waits through the pause on Eve's end. "I need to be getting to sleep soon; jet lag."

"You - you actually want me to call you back tomorrow?" Eve asks. 

"Yeah. That way we can have a conversation with more depth. Not that talking about Mexican desserts isn't fun, it's been the highlight of my day, actually," Louis is already thrilled to be having someone who doesn't annoy or hate him as a conversation partner.

"They actually can be Cuban or Spanish too-"

"So, is that a yes?"

"Sure," Louis can practically hear the smile in her voice. "But, um. You'll have to be the one to call me." 

"Right, right. I'll try to call at a more.. decent hour, but, you know. Pop star."

"Yeah, of  course."

"Well.. goodnight, Eve."

"Goodnight, Louis."