IM Catching On

hi, me again. so, God, i have a question for you. why the fuck does hair removal have to be so painful? like, it takes me 20 fucking minutes to do my eyebrows because it HURTS SO BAD TO DO THAT TO MYSELF. I can't handle pain like that very well even though you're supposed to 'get used to it' and if I don't I will look like a mammoth. who wants to look like a mammoth? (that's my current frustration of the day. and every day I have to do this. tmi? i don't care.) also, WMYB came on the radio as I was writing this. tbh, this is one of my least favorites of theirs.. don't throw shoes at me. (but oh, the fetus)

Louis is dead meat.

Not literally dead meat, of course, he's still very much alive. Unfortunately.

Everything was going fairly smoothly until Zayn and Liam just had to be damn detectives and go poking into matters that frankly are none of their business, Louis thinks, so if he's being overdramatic or not is not the issue. The cause behind their suspicion could have been many different things but Louis is pretty sure it's due to what Louis has tagged as 'The Airplane Incident'.

Basically, the group of them had been waiting - patiently, Louis might add, - for the okay necessary for them to get off of the plane and be rushed into a car that was surely waiting not too far away. Harry, who obviously could not handle more than a few hours of solitude, had immediately turn his mobile back on as soon as they touched down. 

Louis really should have guessed that he would immediately text Anna, really, he should have. He also should have remembered to put his phone on silent, because when Harry was definitely typing away on his screen and Louis' mobile was loudly buzzing every few seconds in sync with Harry's varying facial expressions; well, apparently that's too much to be a coincidence.

"Who's texting you so much, Louis?" Liam asks; Louis shifts uncomfortably in his seat and tries to mute the buzzing with his bum. It does't really work, but now he felt like he is sitting on a vibrator. Great.

"Um, couldn't tell you if I knew, Li," Louis says nonchalantly, thanking Jesus that Harry has headphones in his ears. "Probably just my mum or something. You know how mums are."

"Yes, mums are very.. mum-ish," Liam agrees, but Louis can tell he is still eyeing Harry and Louis suspiciously. Zayn stares at Louis like he knows exactly what was going on, and it freaked Louis out more than he cares to admit. 

"Wow, look at that sky," he laughs nervously instead, and Liam looks at him dumbly before Louis turns and sees that the sky is completely black. He had forgotten it was nearly midnight.  "Very dark. Lovely, isn't it?"

"I guess," Liam says. Louis decides his act isn't convincing enough, so he nods enthusiastically and smiles like this night sky was the best thing since microwave popcorn.

"You know what's funny?" Zayn chimed in instead, "Harry is texting at the same time you're receiving texts, weird. Why would Harry be texting you if you guys are sitting so close to one another?"

"Dunno, Z," Louis says, slumping down in his seat and fiddling with his shoe laces. "Very weird. Why don't you ask him?"

Bad idea.

"Okay, I will."

Fuck.

"Hey, 'arry-"

"It's hot in here isn't it? Maybe we should open a window," Louis squeaks, lunging over Harry to pry at the window and quickly losing his footing, toppling onto a very surprised Harry instead. "Oops."

"Can't open airplane windows anyway, you dolt," Niall calls from somewhere, Louis briefly wonders why Niall always seems to be in his own Niall world instead of with everyone else.

"Um, Lou. Not that I don't appreciate the gesture, but," Harry motions toward Louis' pliant body, "Why exactly are you on top of me?"

"Oh, you know. Windows. You're warm, it smells like shit in here," Louis explains calmly, playing with Harry's fingers. Apparently Harry accepts this as very Louis-like behavior, because he shrugs once before stuffing his headphones back in his ears. 

Somewhere during that awkward twenty second exchange, Zayn had apparently given up and returned to his seat to return to his own mobile. Louis assumes he's tweeting some deep shit about how amazing modern day technology is, allowing them to fly across the earth and what not. Louis will definitely favorite that tweet later, a silent way of sweet-talking Zayn into letting this whole thing go.

Liam, though, is going to be harder. Louis allows himself to briefly look over at Liam, who is trying to coax Niall out from under the seat - oh, that's where he had been - and he wonders how Liam never gets tired of being the mature one. Well, sometimes. He has his moments. 

"Niall," Louis says, resuming messing with Harry's giant hand, "What are you doing under the seats?"

"Dropped my guitar pick; it's comfortable down here."

"Isnt it cramped?"

"Well, yeah, but it was cramped in the womb too and I was in there for nine months, wasn't I?"

Louis really loves Niall.