IM Furious

hey.. putting this author's note at the beginning because everyone is going to hate me by the end of this chapter. 

I know I said I was gonna update tomorrow but I decided to do it tonight instead whoops

This should be a bit longer than usual just because it's a big event and if it seems rushed, I apologize; I feel like if I kept trying to put more chapters in before this it would feel like I was dragging the story out. The next update will probably be on Sunday. 

Please take the time to vote/comment if you would, it's lovely to see your feedback and I'd like to know how you feel about this chapter. 

___________

Harvey: Hey, why haven't u been answering me? It's been three days since I tried to talk to u..

Anna: been busy, srry.. why haven't you been sending them?

Harvey: I broke my old phone and had to buy a new one

Harvey: which u would know if you'd answer me

Anna: I'm sorry.

Harvey: yeah, yeah.. listen, I gotta talk to you later on. It's important, k?

Anna: why not now?

Harvey: I've got someone else I need to speak with first.

Anna: Who?

Harvey: Louis. 

Harvey: I'll be back in like.. i dunno, an hour? .xx

Louis' heart is pounding in his chest. He reluctantly locks his phone - the new passcode is 2194, which is not at all creepy - and stuffs it into his pocket, flipping on the telly and pretending to be deeply interested in the random cooking show that pops onto the screen as he hears Harry knock on the door to the small room. He hums in response, squinting at the screen a little more as Harry enters and slowly closes the door behind him.

"Hey, Lou," he greets, walking over to where Louis is sat in an armchair and perching on the edge. 

"Afternoon, Haz."

"What are you watching?" Harry asks curiously, furrowing his brow cutely at the television as the chef chops up a nameless vegetable while rambling on about the importance of using a sharpened knife. 

"Oh, erm.. just watching this man make some.. stew."

"Stew? Those look too small to go into a stew-"

"Never mind that," Louis interrupts, because he really doesn't feel like jumping into a thirty minute discussion about stews with Harry, as fascinating as that may sound. "What's up?"

Harry is silent for a few seconds before he stands up and walks over to the television, flipping it off manually before turning to face Louis with his lower lip tucked between his teeth. Louis raises an eyebrow expectantly, sitting up in his chair and resting his head on his hands.

"Actually, I came in here to talk to you," Harry pauses, scratching at his head, "And it's kind of.. important. And.. you're probably not going to like it. Or me."

"Oh?" Louis' enthusiasm is slowly draining.

"This past week or so- it's been great. Truly, it has, but.." Louis already hates where this is going, can feel the nausea creeping up into his stomach and his heart aching dangerously with every syllable that leaves Harry's mouth. "I just. I can't do it, Lou, I don't feel the way I do about her with you. I know it was dumb and I know I should have thought about it more before diving into it with you - Louis, please don't look at me like that - and I know this is probably hurting you but we both deserve to be happy. I can be happy with Anna, you can be happy with some other lad who will return your feelings," Harry says, a look of sympathy and shame crossing his beautiful features. Louis can't breathe.