Introversion

(I like getting my energy from dealing with the ideas, pictures, memories, and reactions that are inside my head, in my inner world. I often prefer doing things alone or with one or two people I feel comfortable with. I take time to reflect so that I have a clear idea of what I'll be doing when I decide to act. Ideas are almost solid things for me. Sometimes I like the idea of something better than the real thing.

•I am seen as "reflective" or "reserved."
•I feel comfortable being alone and like things I can do on my own.
I prefer to know just a few people well.
•I sometimes spend too much time reflecting and don't move into action quickly enough.
•I sometimes forget to check with the outside world to see if my ideas really fit the experience.)

                              😃

It's a rainy day. The first grade teacher is getting her kids dressed to go home. She struggles for five minutes with one child's boots and shoes, tugging them on and getting them laced up. Just as she's finished, the Introverted child says, "Those aren't my boots." The teacher sighs and spends another five minutes undoing everything; unlacing, unbuckling, tugging, and refitting. Just as she's finished, the child adds, "They're my brother's. My mommy said I had to wear them today."