Introversion/Extraversion/Ambiversion

Introversion:

With introversion, your dominant process is oriented towards the inner world. You look inside before looking outside. You are less stimulated by the outer world and by engagement with the outer world than you are by your inner world; thoughts, reflections, and ideas that are internalized.

Extroversion:

Your dominant process is oriented towards the outer world. You look outside first, at the objective environment, before looking inside. The outer world is your springing board for ideas, possibilities, experimentation, and engagement.

Everyone’s a Little Bit
Ambiverted

We all have introverted and extroverted functions. If you’re an ENFP you have extraverted intuition and thinking, but you have introverted feeling and sensing. If you’re an ISTP then you have introverted thinking and intuition, but you have extraverted sensing and feeling.

We all have times when we are energized by solitude.  We all have times when we’re energized by people. We all have certain processes that we keep internalized and hidden, and others that we show readily.

Carl Jung himself said “There is no such thing as a pure introvert or extrovert. Such a person would be in the lunatic asylum.”