Perceiving

(I use my perceiving function (whether it is Sensing or Intuition) in my outer life. To others, I seem to prefer a flexible and spontaneous way of life, and I like to understand and adapt to the world rather than organize it. Others see me staying open to new experiences and information.

•I like to stay open to respond to whatever happens.
•I appear to be loose and casual. I like to keep plans to a minimum.
•I like to approach work as play or mix work and play.
•I work in bursts of energy.
•I am stimulated by an approaching deadline.
•Sometimes I stay open to new information so long I miss making decisions when they are needed.)

                              😃

A budding actor, a Perciever, is hired to perform a one-line role in a play. The line is, "Hark! Is that a cannon I hear?" For two weeks the actor practices feverishly, repeating the line over and over again. By opening night he has master every aspect of his role and in dress rehersal had performed to everyone's satisfaction. The director, sending him out as the curtain goes up, gives the final instruction: "Remember, the whole play is riding on that line." The Perciever walks out on stage, and there is immediatly an enourmous KABOOM! In surprise, the actor blurts out, "What the hell was that?!"