6~News & New Beginnings

Her feelings she hides. Her dreams she can't find. She's losing her mind. She's fallen behind. She can't find her place she's losing her faith. She's fallen from grace she's all over the place.

Nobody's home- Avril Lavigne

What?!" I shout.

"I know I know I'm sorry please don't be mad...are you mad?" My mom asks nervously.

I thought about it. I'm not mad but...she kept it from me.

"Why would you keep this from me?" I ask

"I'm sorry I didn't know how you would react. He-he wants to meet you."

My jaw dropped. My mom was dating behind my back and he wants to meet me?

"Fine. But if he walks out in us again I'll punch him. Just sayin." I say and walk to my room.

Dating? For 4 months? Oh god.

I feel abandoned.

I turn my music up all the way and start singing along, dancing around the room.

Casey was supposed to come over, so I'll tell her the news then.

It's just weird knowing your mom was single for HOW MANY YEARS and is now dating.

Very very very weird.

"TALK DIRTY TO ME!" I whip around and there is Casey, wiggling her butt and laughing her head off.

"Are you high?" I ask and this makes her laughs even more.

Nope, it's just her.

"So-oh my god- you have that look in your eye! You know something I don't! Oh my gosh tell me!!please Vi I'm your bestieee! And besties tell everything to each otherrrr!!" She sings.

God, how does she read me like that?!

I roll my eyes and sit on the bed, unwrapping a Twix, singing to the song.

"IM GONNA GIVE ALLLL MY SECRETS AWAY! MY GOOOODDDDDD IMAGINE HOW WE GOT THIS FAR!" I sing/scream, jumping on my bed, whipping my head around.

"I swear you will beat Americas got Talent!" She gushes, and I roll my eyes AGAIN.

"Got no reason, got no shame, got no family I cant blame."

"Enough stalling start talking."

"Just don't let me disappear CUZ IMMA TELL U EVERYTHING SO TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME!!!"

"Violet!"

"Whhhaaaaatttt?" I whine and plop down on my comfy mattress.

"What's goin on?"

I take a deep breath and say in one whole sentence "Mymomisactuallydatingsomeguyidontknowandtheyvebeendatingformonthsandhewantstomeetme."

She looks at me blankly, noting that she didn't get any if what I said, and I say it slower this time.

Her eyes widen and she gasps.

Take note that she's my best friend, so my mom loves her.

"MISS SUMMERS GET YOUR ASS IN HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT YOUNG LADY!" I hear some other things as she stomps down the stairs to the kitchen. it's funny that my best friend can talk to my mom that way as a normality.

I repeatedly thump my palm to my forehead and put in Catching Fire in the DVD thing.

My mom and Casey walk in and Casey sits on my beanbag chair while my mom say uncomfortably on the bed.