18~ Why me? Whats wrong with me?

I can't take these diamonds fallin down.

Her diamonds- Rob Thomas

I refuse to sink.

_______________

In school the next day, I'm at my locker putting my textbooks in, getting ready for lunch. When I slam my door, I jump about 10 feet in the air when I see someone leaning against the other locker next to mine.

Ryan.

THE Ryan, the guy I've had a crush on since who knows when, the one that has amazing eyes and soft silky hair, the one I've Insta-stalked and Face-stalked and just plain out stalked.

And he was smiling at me.

"Wha-I-uhm-you probably don't wanna be seen with me..." I stutter. If people found out he was talking to me, he'd be social pariah.

His eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Why?"

"Uhm...b-because..." I sigh in defeat, my heart thumping 50 times faster. "Never mind. Why are you-uh-here?"

His smile reappeared. "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to have lunch together."

My heart stopped.

what? He wants to have lunch with me? No way this isn't real, this isn't real, god I'm dreaming...

And then I laugh. Like hysterical, tear rolling on the floor, clutching my stomach, leaning against the lockers for support type laughing.

His face crumples and I sober quickly.

"No no no- I mean yes I would love to have lunch- with you, I mean- I was only laughing cuz...well, I don't know, this is like the first time you have ever, well, talked to me so it seems- unreal? sorry, I'm sorry. Just ignore me. Ha, so uhm...yeah." I splutter quickly, ignoring the death glares from girls.

I'm with Ryder, I get death glares.

I'm with Ryan, I get death glares.

Oh hey, Ryder-Ryan. Ha, I didn't notice that.

YOUR CRUSH IS IN FRONT OF YOU AND YOU ARE THINKING OF RYDER?!!?

Yeah, why am I thinking about Ryder?

Sometimes I really hate you.

I really hate you too, so BUH BYE!

"Alright, well let's go!"

I text Casey that I'm not going to be at lunch with them and then follow my crush out to his car.

"So, I'm taking you to a café over on Ridgetown."

I smile and nod as he starts the car and pulls out.

Lunch went great, it wasn't super long, since it was just lunch period, but we talked like- friends.

Crazy, I know, but i had an awesome time. Everyone he smiled my heart fluttered and my pulse increased. I would have to gulp down some of my tea just to unclog my throat.

Then, he gets up to use the bathroom before we left.

I'm sitting there like a totally normal person, wetting the crumpled up straw wrapper so it will look like a snake, when I see something out of the corner of my eye.

His phone.

My conscious and me have an argument about what I should and shouldn't do, but in the end, I reach over the table and grab his iPhone, which luckily does not have a pass lock.