Before Part 3

After Alysha
Alysha Hill
"Charlie?" I gasp in shock when I turn the corner and spot the IMF agent talking to Mr Clint, the goverment agency boss.
They turn to face me and Charlie smirks. "Ah. Alysha. Come meet a possible new agent, Brayden Charles." Mr Clint says with a smile and I hold in a laugh.
"Brayden Charles? Have I met you before? You seem familiar." I say slyly and Charlie rolls his eyes.
"I don't think you have. That may have been my cousin." He says and I snort in amusement. Mr Clint looks at me with an eyebrow raised.
"Would you please give him a tour Alysha?" He says and I nod. Mr Clint walks off and I narrow my eyes at Charlie.
"What the hell are you doing her Charlie?" I hisses lowly as I led him through the large building. The older female agents look at him with interest.
"Because I had urgent news to tell you. Some good and some bad." He replies as he looks around.
"What?" I ask and pull him into my office, shutting and locking the door firmly.
"Good news is about Mrs Stone." Charlie says and I glare daggers at him.
"I made you swear not to ever bring her or that mission up ever again." I growled.
"Sorry but I just saw her autopsy results." He says and I roll my eyes.
"Yeah. She fell to her death because I dropped her." I snap.
"She was dying Alysha. You saved her from a very painful death." Charlie said quietly and I spin to face him.
"What?" I yelp.
"They had been pumping lethal amounts of Nitrogen into her body everyday. It was killing her very painfully. When she fell she died instantly. No pain. She knew she was dying. She only had days left to live. You saved her from dying in her families arms. They didn't have to see her die." Charlie said as he put his hands on my shoulders.
"I did?" I whisper as tears filled my eyes but didn't fall.
"Yes. You did. Now for the bad news." Charlie let go and stepped back quickly, his cheeks flushed slightly.
"What news can be worse than the news I get every day." I laugh dryly as I wipe away my tears.
"A Russian Assassin Cartel of over 400 assassins has moved to the US and are looking for the Stones. News is they have a powerful new leader with skills beyond imagination." He replies darkly and I stiffen.
"Oh shit." I curse under my breath.
"Yup. But they aren't heading straight for them. They'll looking for other people on their hit list. The more important ones. Each has a personal list that they are going to follow. There is one thing that each and every list has in common. Their number 1 target." Charlies expression goes stone cold and I gulp nervously.
I already know what he's going to say and it isn't good.
"You."

I sat on the roof of my house and looked out over the sea with a sigh, the rising moons reflection glowing on the surface. "What are you doing up here?" Charlie says from behind me and I hug my knees.
He walks over and sits beside me. "Are you okay?" He asks softly and I close my eyes.
"What do you think Charlie? I'm number one on every single list of the Russian assassins. Do you really think I'd be running on the beach laughing and playing in the water?" I snarl unhappily and he cringes.
"Sorry."
"It's not your fault. It's an occupational hazard really. I'm wanted dead by many, many people and groups. Whats one more group?" I sigh and bury my head in my knees.
"Alysha it's my fault. They're after you because of the Russian prison incident. Many of those guards and men you killed were part of this group. If I hadn't sent you then you wouldn't be wanted dead by these people." Charlie says and I look at him.
"But then someone else will be. I'm the best agent you have. Second best to ever live. If you sent someone else it would have been 99% likely that they and the other Stones would have died. It's your job to choose the best agent for the job. It just happened to be me. I'll be fine." I say with a sigh.
"It won't stop me from trying to kill as many of the assassins as I can before they get to you." Charlie says seriously and I hug him briefly.
"Thank you Charlie. A quick question. If I'm on their lists are you?" I ask and he shrugs.
"Number 3 most wanted. Two before you." He replies.
"Then I'll just have to kill as many assassins as I can before they get to you." I say with a smile and he returns it.
"You really are the best agent we have Alysha. I'm glad I found you in Cairo." He says softly and I lean my head on his shoulder.
"I know."
He laughs and puts an arm around my shoulder. We watch the moon rising slowly into the sky, faint stars glittering in the sky among the clouds. It was a calm, beautiful night. It may be my last with the assassins after me. It may even be my last night in general. I'm glad I can share it with a friend.
I just wish I could tell Maddison though. She'd know what to do. Together the assassins would be gone in weeks. But she can't know. If she finds out about what I do, what I did, she'd be on the assassins list too and I can't do that.
She needs to stay safe. Safe from the deadly people who are after me. People who will stop at nothing to fulfill their mission, to kill their target.
I can only hope that the assassins list is long. Really long. So then I can have more time to kill them all before they can kill me and Charlie. Oh god I hope this list is long. I don't want them to come after me.