Him

Alysha Hill
I woke up again after falling back to sleep with Liam on the couch. It was warm and oddly calming. I press my face into Liams chest and sigh. I almost jump out of my skin when a hand begins stroking my hair. I hear Liam chuckle and I hit his chest lightly before snuggling down, pressing into his warmth. "You're a surprisingly cuddly person you know." Liam says gently and turn my head to look at him.
He was smiling down at me, the same soft, kindness in his eye as his mother. "Only with people I trust and believe they won't push me away." I say before turning my head back and tightening my arms around him slightly.
"Your right that I won't push you away but how can you trust me? I'm a playboy billionaire who blackmailed the previous owner of this hotel into selling it to my brother and I." Liam says and I sit up and look him in the eye.
"How many girls have you slept with since I got here?" I ask.
"Only you." He replies and I roll my eyes.
"Not in that way."
"Nobody." Liam averted his eyes and I moved to straddle his lap, his eyes snapping to look at me.
"What did you blackmail the previous owner with?" I ask as I look at him and he sits up.
"Proof that he'd stalk and watch the clients and staff. Also proof that he was an illegal drug addict." He replies and I put a hand on his chest.
"You were saving this place Liam. He was a danger to the people here. You and Alex have grown this place and made it an amazing place to stay. A place that everyone dreams of staying at. It's something you should be proud of. It shows you care and you have a heart. That's why I trust you." I say with a smile and Liam smiles back.
"I never thought of it that way." He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Well you should have. Your a good person Liam. When you do decide to settle down with someone they will be a very lucky woman." I smile sadly and climb off before walking stiffly over to the window seat.
Liam stops me and tilts my head up to look him in the eyes. "Why are you so sad?" He asks softly.
"Because I'll never have love. I can't have it. I'm incapable of love. Even if I could love someone the second I say that I love you..." I clamp my hand over my mouth and Liams eyebrows raise in shock.
"I didn't mean it like that. I ment when I tell them I love them. I swear." I say quickly and I could have sworn disappointment washed through Liams eyes but I couldn't find it again.
"Don't worry about it." He says, laughing it off.
"Okay good. As I was saying the second I told them I love them they'd be in grave danger. My job will end up having them killed. I couldn't have that happen to them." I couldn't have that happen to you. I add in my head accidentally and I smack my forehead over and over.
"Stop that." I hiss to myself.
"Do you want to go get something to eat. We slept through lunch. It's 3 pm." Liam suggests.
"Let me change into a different shirt." I say and pull my shirt off with a slight grunt.
Liam passes me my black turtle neck and I smile greatfuly as he helps me put it on. "Thank you." I sigh as we walk out of his room.
"No problem. I don't want you to strangle me in my sleep." Liam jokes and I laugh.
"I'd never do that. If I was to kill you I'd stab you and/or slit your throat." I say and pat his arm making him pale.
I stop him before we walk down the stairs and into the open. "I want you to know that I would never hurt you on purpose Liam. Never. I may say that I will but I'd never hurt you. I wouldn't be able to live with myself." I whisper as I stand close to him.
He nods and looks away. My chest hurts and I gasp in shock.
I'm feeling pain. Not physical pain but emotional pain.
That's never happened before.
"Alysha? Are you okay?" Liam asks in a panic and I wave him off.
"Sorry. I'm fine. I just shocked myself. There's nothing to worry about." I reassure and Liam nods hesitantly.
He's about to walk and I hesitate for a second before I walk up to him and kiss his cheek quickly before hurrying down the stairs. I glance back to see Liam standing frozen in shock and my face heats up.
I turn and quickly look away at tge sight of Maddison and Antonio having a full out make out session on the table. When Liam finally walks down he too looks away. "Let's leave them be." I suggest and we quickly hurry away down to the ground floor.
"You still want to eat?" Liam asks and I shake my head.
We walk outside and I imediantly make my way towards the beach, Liam right beside me. "What was that?" Liam asks and I stop in my tracks.
"It was my way of showing that I care about you and would never do anything to harm you. Just so you know you are the first guy that I've slept with and kissed on the cheek. So please. Don't ruin it. Nobody needs to know." I say pointedly and Liams eyes widen.
"Please tell me you've had your first kiss." He says and I quickly walk away.
"No way. Really? How is that? Wouldn't the people you seduce before killing kiss you?" Liam gasps as he jogs to catch up.
"Oh they kissed me Liam. But never up here." I say with a shiver as I indicate to my face and Liam looks sidewards at me.
I try my best to not notice.
I try my best not to feel
I try my best not to care.
I try my best to stay closed.
But Liam makes me want to open up. He makes me want to care. He makes me notice. He makes me feel things I've never felt.
He makes me want to scream and cry, to laugh and smile.
He's broken past my walls and making his way through my shadowy kingdom to the hidden heart.
The heart that holds my most secret secrets. My most precious memories. My feelings that I banned and hid away after I was edited and turned into the machine if destruction.
My mind is no longer empty, ready to act if tge enemy strikes.
Now it's full of only one thing.
Him.