Perfect Opportunity

"Alysha wake up." Charlie yells and bangs on Alyshas bedroom door. There was no answer and he began to panic.
"Alysha? Alysha open the door." He yells frantically and tries to open the door but it was locked.
"ALYSHA!" He shouts and bangs against the door but still no answer.
He stepped back and kicked the door beside the lock. It swings open loudly and he hurries in to find Alysha standing stiffly by the window, staring out at the rain silently, not moving an inch. "Alysha?" Charlie walks over slowly.
She turns to face him, tears in her eyes. "It's the 9 year Anniversary of Mrs Stones death today." She whispers and Charlie holds her close to his chest.
"It's alright. Come on out so I can make you a cup of tea." He says softly. She nods and they walk out of her room and down to the kitchen.
She sat on the chair and Charlie boiled the jug. There was a loud knock on the door and both of them froze. Charlie almost dropped the cup and Alysha slowly stood up from her chair. "I'll go check." She whispered. Whoever was at the door banged on it again.
"Be careful." Charlie whispered back. Alysha walked silently over to the door and looked out the peep hole. She sighed in relief to see it was only the mail man. Alysha opened the door with an apologetic smile.
"Hi. Sorry it took so long." She apologizes and the mail man smiles.
"Don't worry about it. These are for you." He hands over a box and multiple envelopes.
"Thank you." Alysha smiles and closes the door.
She walks back onto the lounge and puts the envelopes and box on the table. "Who sent you that?" Charlie asks curiously as he looks at the box with narrowed eyes.
Alysha looks at the box and shrugs. "Only one way to find out." She peels off the tape and opens it to reveal something wrapped in bubble wrap. With a frown she pulls it out and unwrap it. Charlie walks over with a cup of tea.
When the last piece of bubble wrap fell away Alysha gasps. "No way." She looks at the object with wide eyes.
It was a blue crystal heart with gold wings surrounding it. It sat on a gold stand with clawed feet. "Wow. That looks expensive." Charlie says, his eyes nearly popping out of his head.
"You have no idea. I saw this when I was 18. I always wanted to have it but god it was way too expensive. I couldn't afford it even on the amount of money I earned." Alysha says as she puts it gently on the table and stares at it in wonder.
"Who is it from?" Charlie asks as he sits down.
Alysha takes the tea from him and sips at it slowly. "I have an idea but I haven't talked to her in years." She mutters and puts down the tea before going through the letters till she came to a creme coloured envelope with emerald green writing. Quickly she opens it and pulls out a letter.

'Dear Alysha
It's been a long time since we talked and got together. I miss the old days. Chasing bad guys. Being chased by bad guys and by cops.
We had some good times.
I saw this the other day and I remembered the time we saw it on the way to work. You fell on love with it but never had the money to get it. I wanted to get it for you. A gift to say that I miss you.
There's another letter.
An invitation actually.
I hope you can come.
Maddison'

Alysha smiled. "It's from Maddison. My old friend from the agency." She says and begins looking through the letters to find the one Maddison had mentioned.
She found a pale pink envelope and opened it. She pulls out an invitation and her eyes widen.
"No way. This can't be happening." She gasps and her eyes almost pop out of her head. She read the invitation over and over, making sure that what she read was true.
"What is it?" Charlie asks quickly.
"It's a wedding invitation. Maddisons getting married and she wants me to come and be her maid of honor." She says in shock.
"To who?" Charlie asks curiously, he lent on the table and looked at the invite.
"To Antonio Masters. I never would have thought that would happen." She laughs and Charlie arches his eyebrows in shock and amusement.
"Really?" He snorts and Alysha nods.
"Now that's ironic."
"It sure is." Alyshas smile drops suddenly.
"What's wrong?" Charlie asks in concern and Alysha sighs unhappily.
"It's Antonio Masters wedding. He's one of the 8 Riches so no doubt the other 7 will be there." She says with sorrowful expression.
"Which includes Liam and Alex Stone. You still have to go Alysha. She's your best friend and you haven't seen each other in years." Charlie places a hand on her arm and she looks at him, completly heartbroken.
"I know Charlie. It's just I don't think I can face them." She says.
"Your a strong woman Alysha. You can hide your emotions better than anyone I know. You keep secrets for a living. It's your job to confront your fears and things that make you uneasy. You have to go." He says with a kind smile and Alysha nods.
"Yeah. I guess your right." She says and manages to give a small smile.
"There we go. Now where is this wedding?" Charlie asks and Alysha looks back at the invite.
Her jaw drops.
"In the most perfect place ever." She laughs.
"Please elaborate." Charlie waves his hand slightly in a signal for more information.
"It's where the last of the assassins are Charlie. While I'm there for the wedding I can get rid of the last few." She says excitedly.
"Coronado?" Charlie gasps.
"Yup. Their getting married at the Hotel del Coronado." Alysha jumps up and squeals happily.
"That's brilliant." Charlie laughs.
"What makes it better is. I'll be staying there for 6 months. At the most beautiful hotel. Maddison has it al booked and ready for me. I just have to turn up in... 3 days." Alysha jumps and dances around the kitchen happily while Charlie watches with a smile.
"There couldn't be a more perfect opportunity." He says.