1.Roman

It was 7:30 when I got the call. Some idiot decided to hold up a bank. Obviously, I was part of the "all units" that had to arrive on scene. As hold-ups go it was pretty standard, at least that's what I was told. One guy, a gun, and several hostages. Needless to say, it was a pretty busy morning.  I stood out there waiting for some directions. I stood there waiting for hours. 

Something in the back of my mind said there was something wrong. We should have gotten demands or something by now. We should've been done with this, but the chief looked just as annoyed as he always does. He was even tapping his foot. Logan was away super stoic and neutral. Any sort of emotion shown is a weakness to him. So seeing the awkward and antsy foot tapping coming from him was more than enough proof for me to decide on doing something stupid. We had to know just what was going on in there. 

So I went inside with no wire, no gun, no badge, nothing that would peg me as the detective I was. Stupid right? I wasn't done. Not only did I go in without protection, I also did it without authorization, meaning Logan had no idea I was doing it. I trust him, I do. The chief is a smart and brave man but he's to logic. Sometimes you have to act not think. And Act I did. I snuck in through the back and made my way to a storage room by the back door. Then I made a shit ton of noise.

The goal was to get caught. I was to look like a patron that had been hiding. I sat on the ground, back facing the shelving and banged my head as hard as I could, making everything fall around me. Method acting... four years of high school drama did wonders for being undercover. 

It didn't take long at all. As soon as the last thing fell, the door opened to reveal a very pissed man. He grabbed me by the arm and dragged me out to where the others were. It had worked for now but I could see a very furious Logan through the window. I am definitely going to get lit into for this.

I glanced around the room to find it was not just a simple hold up it was a heist. The damn report got fumbled, no wonder Logans at his limit. There were two men with big guns walking the room. Two men in with vault. One man guarding the door and one making sure no one else was hiding. That's a total of six men. Six men with guns and 23 hostages., 24 if you include me. 

"Are you gonna be done soon I have cookies in the oven and someone waiting for me." I looked over to find this idiot with his hand up like in preschool. He had a light grey cardigan on with a blue shirt underneath. His glasses were holding back his hair instead of on his face, and he had this huge shit-eating grin that didn't disappear. Even though he got the back side of a gun right to the flippin forehead. There was a huge sound coming from outside and all three men in the room went to check it out. I took the opportunity to move in closer to where the vault was, and to check on the guy that just got socked with a gun.

"Are you stupid or something?" The guy just looked at me with a confused look. I really hope he doesn't have a concussion. "The best thing to do in these situations is to keep your head down. Don't bring attention to yourself."

"If you know so much about this, why did you get caught?" I narrowed my eyes at him and he smiled like there was nothing bad going on. This guy is either way to pure or there is something very wrong with his head. I honestly don't know which one worries me more

"It's part of a plan." 

"Oh so was mine." I went to ask him what he was talking about when one of the men spotted us. He pointed his gun at me and shouted. I, of course, wasn't listening to a word he was saying. I was lost in thought. What did he mean by that? Did he want to get hit?  If so why? What outcome would come from that other than getting killed?

"Shit, There's someone coming!" One of the men yelled as he went to warn the others. I glanced over at the guy to find him grinning knowingly. What is going on? "Look Moron don't come any...  Where the fuck did he go?"

The lights went out and several people cried out in fear. You could hear the sounds of fighting. There were gunshots going off. And with the flash from each shot, I could make out the figure of a smaller figure. Metal would creak and things were thrown about. Many people were so scared they began to cry. I could feel as this breeze brushed up against me several times, and when the lights went back on the men were tied up and knocked out. The bags of money were torn and spilled all over the place. 

As soon as it finally clicked, everyone began to rush out of the bank in tears. The only ones who didn't, were myself, and that guy. We slowly made our way out only to find Logan just about ready to clobber me. He started going off about protocol and logistics and safety. 

"What the hell were you thinking Roman?" I shook my head and started walking towards the other guy. 

"I was thinking something wasn't right, and there were too many lives at stake to not know anything. Isn't knowledge what you always fight for?" He scoffed and I walked away before he could continue the lecture. "Hey, dude. You mind telling me just what the hell that was in there?"

"What are you talking? These big scary men came and it became a hostage situation and..." He pulled his glasses down and pushed them closer to his eyes. I could see the bruise beginning to form around his one eye and I cringed. Who willing takes a gun to the face?

"Don't give me that crap. You know something. At least tell me your name?"

"Oh well, it's..."

"PATTON!" This smaller looking man came rushing towards him with this look of utter relief. He didn't seem that young maybe 19 or 20, about my age. He was an emo... There really was no other way to describe him. His hair, his clothes, even the way he did his makeup, all screamed emo. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine kiddo. Nothing to worry about here." Kiddo? Maybe this guy's his son. That would make sense, not that there is a resembles. Yes, I am aware that that does not matter. I'm a little frazzled and confused here.

"Excuse me but I really need a statement from you, sir." They both looked at me with this weird look I couldn't decipher.

"Why, you police?" The newcomer asked with a sort of snide attitude.

"Yeah, I..."

"Well then..." He started pulling Patton away towards a group of cars and gave me a dirty look. "You should've been protecting him. You know, doing your job."

"I was... The names Roman Sanders... Detective Sanders. You?"

"Virgil... Virgil Mathews." And with that, the two of them left without another word. I really hope I never have to deal with them again.