3.Virgil

Walking into that hospital was horrid. I never realized how bad it got. The fear of being out. There were people with all sorts of injuries and issues all over the place. I spotted someone behind a desk and rushed over. I was starting to get a bit in comfortable.

"Can I help you?" The woman looked up from her computer and glanced at me through the top of her glasses. 

"Yes, can you tell me the room number for a Deceit Evans..."

"Deceit? I'm sorry, but that's not a name." She looked back down at her computer, completely ignoring my question. I grabbed her little name plaque and slammed it back down onto the counter, making her jump in surprise.

"I'm sorry, but when did it become your job to judge the authenticity of a person's name. His name is Deceit Evans. I was there when he got the slip from the judge saying it had been accepted. A legal name change so if you insist on being a bitch, I won't hesitate to snap you in half. Look it up!" Her eyes went wide and I watched as she furiously typed it into the computer.

"Yes, there's a Mr. Evans is in room 140." I was gone before she even turned back to look. What is this idiot doing anyway? He's a sitting duck here and WHY WAS I HIS EMERGENCY CONTACT?! I found his room pretty quickly. The blinds were closed, and the lights had been dimmed. There wasn't even a hint of natural or excessive light in here. How'd he manage to get them to agree to that? Walking into the room, I could see him lying there. I could see the full tray of food and the broken cuffs tied to the bed. 

"Jesus, Deceit what the hell did you do?" He bolted up from his bed and stared at me. I cringed at the sight of his face. He was black and blue, with a gash down his forehead. Someone beat the shit out of him. I sat in the chair beside the bed and he sighed. I placed the cup I had nabbed from the cafe on the floor beside me.

"I told them not to call you." He said as he laid back down. I just crossed my arms.

"Well thanks but if I'm still your emergency contact they have no choice. They had to call someone." He just shook his head and that's when I noticed the marks on his wrist. "What happened... Why the cuffs?"

"I... was hurt, Virgil. I was hurt and angry. What do you think happened?" I glanced at the cuffs again and cringed. I always hated them so much. I got up and slowly took the cuffs off the bed and tossed them in the trash. He just watched me as I did. "How's Patton?" I stopped short and looked at him in confusion. "I saw on the news. He got hit in the head... They caught it on camera."

"He's fine now. He's strong. Just not smart... or too smart... for his own good." I grabbed the cup I had and handed it to him. He was confused. He tried to give it back but I wouldn't let him and he caved. "Drink it." He sighed and took a sip. His eyes going wide when he realized what it was. I could tell he was trying to ask how but he was to busy drinking it to say anything. I didn't think he would be that bad off too. "I know my way around a hospital. Besides, I figured you'd need real stuff, not that off shit we usually get."

"Thank you..."

"Don't mention it. Literally, do not say anything about it." He just smiled and laid back as he finished the cup. I got up and threw it right into the hazards bin. "What happened to you?"

"Seriously?"

"Yes, Deceit. Why are you here? Who did this?" He just laughed. I was not in the mood for this, however. "DECEIT!"

"Fine... I tried to get intel and... I got caught. Ok?"

"Intel on what?!"

"The bank heist! Jesus, Virgil, lower your voice." I stood there in shock. He got hurt trying to figure out intel on what had happened this morning? 

"Why?"

"Why? Because Patton was hurt, that's why. What, did you think just because we're not together, that meant I wouldn't still care?" I gave him a very dirty look and he just rolled his eyes. I can't believe he even went there. He broke up with me! He has no right to play that card. "I pulled some card, got a name and when I went to check it out. I got nabbed."

"You always did love your contacts." I didn't mean to say it like that, but the look on his face said I had hurt him. "I didn't mean..."

"Yes, you did. I get it. You never approved of my ties to that life. But unlike you, I was raised in it. I was a bonified mob child... You can't deny those ties saved your ass on many occasions."

"Doesn't look to be saving yours. You have to be careful, Dee." He just shook his head and sat up.

"No, we have to plan. There isn't many of us left Virge. If we keep playing it safe there just going to keep picking us off." 

"That wouldn't have been your problem if you listened to me before going off and getting yourself turned!" I yelled in anger, as fangs grew and my eyes went red. I took a step back and tried to breathe, calming myself down as much as I could. Strong emotions are always revealing for us but anger is most troublesome... One wrong move and we could lose control. Plus the hungrier you are the more likely you are to snap. Same with an injury...

"Are you ok?" I glanced at Deceit and nodded. Dispite not liking the fact that he turned. It's nice knowing someone who actually understands me. 

"Shouldn't we be asking you that?" I turned just in time to see Roman standing in the doorway. "Hello again, Virgil."

VanHelsing~Prinxietyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें