5.Roman

"Deceit's taken what?" Virgil yawned and I could see he wasn't fully awake.

"No, Deceit has been... taken. He's gone." Virgil paused and stared ahead as if staring at nothing. 

"What do you mean he's gone?" He started breathing heavier and I could see the slight shake in his hands. "Where is he?"

"We don't know. That's why I came here. I was praying that you could help me figure out..." Virgil started walking back into the house leaving the door open for me to follow. I watched as he walked over and just collapsed onto the couch, a look of shock on his face. "... who may have taken him."

"I can think of a few. Unfortunately, they don't have a name." He shook his head and looked back up at me desperation in his eyes. "Are you sure he was taken? He could have just walked out."

"Not with his injuries." Virgil just scoffed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"He's a fast healer. He could have walked out."

"No one is that fast. Besides, there was evidence of a struggle. The food was all over the floor. The curtains had been ripped and torn. The place was a mess." When I mentioned the curtains he looked up at me terrified.  He got up, grabbed a lamp, and threw it at the wall with such force, I had to shield myself from the shattered glass and pieces of plaster. This guy was stronger than he looked.

"Shit..." He said as he went to pick it up. "Patton just bought that. You aren't hurt, right? That's the last thing we need right now."

"I'm fine. Hey..." I pulled him away from the mess and sat him down on the couch. He just sat there shaking, his head in his hands. I could hear the sounds of someone coming down the steps, and so I backed off a bit. I'm sure Patton could help him more than a stranger could.

"Kiddo, is there something... Oh, Roman. What're you doing here so late." He started over before spotting the broken lamp, looking over at Virgil, and pulling him into a hug. "What's wrong."

"Deceit has gone missing."

"Don't you dare fucking sugarcoat it you ass, he's been kidnapped." Virgil buried himself farther into Patton, who was staring at me with disbelief.

"Roman?"

"It happened while I was trying to get Virgil. I came back to see he was gone. I spend all day looking at video footage, talking to people. All I managed to find was your address and the fact that you're his emergency contact... He also named Virgil as his Proxy and Attorney-in-fact." They both looked at me with this confused look. "Did you not know? He named you as everything. He listed you and Patton here as the only family he has."

"Wait? You mean to tell me..." Virgil got up off the couch and I saw the rage in his eyes. It was like they had turned red with anger. "IT WAS YOUR FAULT?!" He went to hit me and Patton grabbed him. Unfortunately, that didn't stop him. He pushed Patton off of him and I watched as Pat fell to the floor with a thud. It wasn't hard, certainly not enough to have hurt him. However, Virgil ran away in fear and guilt over pushing him at all. I rushed over helping Patton up onto his feet and he brushed himself off.

"You alright?" He nodded and I turned to go find Virgil. Patton grabbed my arm and shook his head gesturing to the couch. I sat down, wondering what was going on. Patton just went off to the kitchen and brought out some cookies and coffee.

"Please don't judge Virgil too harshly. He doesn't mean it." I glanced over at Patton after sipping some of my drink. He just sat there nursing the cup like a sad memory. I could tell he was worried. "He just cares... too much... about everything. Even people he ought not to." He looked over at me and I saw the tears in his eyes begin to fall. "He and Deceit were very close at one point. So don't take his anger to heart. He just doesn't know how to feel."

"They were together?" Patton nodded and I just laughed sadly, remembering all the stories Deceit would tell me when we spoke. " I'm sure he's ok."

"I am too. Virgil... might not be." Patton looked over towards the patio and frowned. "I'm scared..."

"I assure you I won't let anything happen to you or Virgil." He just shook his head. 

"Not for us, For them." He spun himself around and grabbed my hands, holding them tightly in my lap. "You have to let him help you. If he's home he'll go mad with worry and trust me when I say bad thing will happen." I pulled my hands out of his grasp and looked at him with concern. "Not like that."

"Ok, I'll talk to the chief about it."

"Promise me you'll protect him. There are people out there who would love to hurt them both." That caught my attention but I knew Patton was not going to delve much deeper into the details. So I nodded and he smiled. I got up and he led me to the door. The rush of cold air was a relaxing break from the harsh reality we currently were in. "And Roman..." I turned around to see him holding out a piece of paper. I grabbed it, putting it in my pocket. "Bring him home."